Status
Please reply by conversation.

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
One of our HR24s is acting very strange. It keeps going to channel 9 and sometimes channel 99. The remote control becomes 99% non-responsive. The light on the receiver will blink when a key is pressed but there is no change to the video/audio. I have tried the red button reset and a power cycle but it still goes to channel 9 usually but sometimes changes to channel 99. Occasionally I can get the guide to display but cannot select anything. Sometimes the problem clears up temporarily but later the HR24 goes to channel 9 and then becomes non-responsive. Is there a way to fix this? Please do not say it is being caused by a neighbor's DTV remote because it is not.

Have you replaced the batteries in your remote?

Have you tried using the front panel on the recvr ?

If the front panel works fine, then maybe the remote has gone bad .... may not look like it, but remote can go bad without it being a button.

Shortly after I made the post, I removed the lithium batteries and put in alkaline batteries and the problem was corrected. This is not the first time I have had an bizarre issue with lithium batteries in electronic devices and will only use them henceforth in cameras.

Shortly after I made the post, I removed the lithium batteries and put in alkaline batteries and the problem was corrected. This is not the first time I have had an bizarre issue with lithium batteries in electronic devices and will only use them henceforth in cameras.
Interesting ....
Glad to see you got it figured out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts