HR24 and Whole Home Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
I have one HR24 I want off of my network. With Deca being built in how the heck do I do this? I know I can turn sharing off, etc.etc. How can I set it up so it does not see the rest of my network?

This sounds like a strange request. Is there something on that dvr you don't want someone else to see?

Why would anyone think that is strange? Maybe it is just what it is.??
I replaced my sons DVR in his room with an HR 24. We do not share the Whole home with the kids because They do not watch what they do. Just easier that way. So when I gave him the 24 I tried to remove it from the network. Previous HR23 all I had to do was not hook up the deca...Got it? Sheesh.

When you are in "list" hit the yellow button and select "local", that way it won't see the recordings on the other units.

Why would anyone think that is strange? Maybe it is just what it is.??
I replaced my sons DVR in his room with an HR 24. We do not share the Whole home with the kids because They do not watch what they do. Just easier that way. So when I gave him the 24 I tried to remove it from the network. Previous HR23 all I had to do was not hook up the deca...Got it? Sheesh.

Jeez, you don't have to get your knickers in a bunch! :D A simple no would have sufficed.

Your reply was silly to behind with but really its none of your business. Thanks for being helpful though.

joed32 said:
When you are in "list" hit the yellow button and select "local", that way it won't see the recordings on the other units.

Thanks, is that my only option?

I don't have DECA so I don't know. I use a home network and I can just pull the Cat-5 cable out of a receiver and it's out of the network.

I suspect a Band Stop Filter (BSF) connected to the coax output from the Hr24 will kill the DECA frequencies and therefore isolate the HR24 from the network.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts