HR24 Constant Reboots

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acostapimps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Illinois
The HR24-200 keeps rebooting itself and it has great signal strength from what I can tell, It's plugged in on a power strip, but I changed it directly on the wall outlet to see if it keeps rebooting again will see, Not sure if the hard drive is getting bad or a faulty strip, Also it was on power save which I turned off but I don't see why that has to do with anything especially reboots.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

And how often is "constant"? Several people have reported their HR24s rebooted a couple of times this week.......

And how often is "constant"? Several people have reported their HR24s rebooted a couple of times this week.......

Mine hasn't but I've heard the same. I recently had a service call that had 2 HR24's and an HR23. The HR23 was going bad and was making the HR24's randomly reset. I only caught it because I wasn't able to run an IV retest until I started unplugging boxes. It was just randomly make the 24's drop transponders and it was causing the boxes to believe they didn't have a signal and would reset. It was one of the oddest service calls I've ever done

Do you have any other equipment other than the HR24 on the system?
H24,HR44 and D12 receivers which are all fine except the HR24, but I haven't seen random reboots ever since i plugged the HR24 on the wall outlet, but everything else (BD player,HDTV) that's connected on the same power strip where the 24 was previously plugged works fine, which tells me is a power supply issue.

H24,HR44 and D12 receivers which are all fine except the HR24, but I haven't seen random reboots ever since i plugged the HR24 on the wall outlet, but everything else (BD player,HDTV) that's connected on the same power strip where the 24 was previously plugged works fine, which tells me is a power supply issue.

There are times when a Power Strip is not your friend, most people use them, but every once in a while they do cause issues.

I would keep an eye on it for a few days and see if that cleared it entirely, if so let us know.

This is good information !

If it is a so-called "smart" power strip, it will switch off the power to the Hr24 whenever the TV is switched off. Then when the TV comes back on, the HR24 will reboot.

my hr-24 has been experiencing freezing both during direct viewing and playback of recorded programs during the freezing the remote is inoperative requiring me to reboot the system.
do I have a defective receiver or is it a dtv software problem??

There are times when a Power Strip is not your friend, most people use them, but every once in a while they do cause issues.

I would keep an eye on it for a few days and see if that cleared it entirely, if so let us know.

This is good information !

Yeah, my subwoofer doesn't work in a "surge protector" - only a cheap power strip.

my hr-24 has been experiencing freezing both during direct viewing and playback of recorded programs during the freezing the remote is inoperative requiring me to reboot the system.
do I have a defective receiver or is it a dtv software problem??

Check your Signal Strength first.
You say it freezes on Recorded shows as well .
This would lead to either a bad signal all the time and it's froze when recording, or a failing hard drive would be my thinking ... kinda odd that it does this on both , unless it's froze when recording.

Check your Signal Strength first.
You say it freezes on Recorded shows as well .
This would lead to either a bad signal all the time and it's froze when recording, or a failing hard drive would be my thinking ... kinda odd that it does this on both , unless it's froze when recording.

My HR34 does this often, sometimes hourly. I just shut it off for a sec and it works again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts