HR24 DECA Problems HELP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildbill129

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2009
Redding, CA
The DirecTV guys are here installing Deca. I have an HR24 that will not connect to the network. I know they do not need a DECA adapter on the HR24. Is there a configuration change that must be done to go from the old wired ethernet network to the DECA network?

All my other receivers see each other on the DECA cloud. The HR24 will not see the other receivers.

They are at a loss....any ideas??

My setup: HR20-700, HR21-100, H24, HR24-500 the HR20/21 are on DECA adapters, the H24 and HR24 are not....

Does it have the latest software? Upon installation, my HR24s could not see each other. My installer was scratching his head for a few minutes before he realized my HR24s were not updated to the latest software. I could be way off base or misunderstanding you, but that is what happened during my installation.

Does it have the latest software? Upon installation, my HR24s could not see each other. My installer was scratching his head for a few minutes before he realized my HR24s were not updated to the latest software. I could be way off base or misunderstanding you, but that is what happened during my installation.

Tried that.....

Where are all my friends here??? No love from the brothers? Jimbo, Chip, where are you??

Camping for awhile !!!

Sorry guy, I have no experience with DECA yet, so I doubt I'd be much help.

Just curious, is the DECA done with Coax connections ?
I was just looking thru the menus in the HR24.
Under SYSTEM Info and addl. info, I noticed something while looking to see if they mention DECA anywhere ....
Under Addl Info I found this:

To Enable Coax Networking, Disconnect the ethernet cable from your recvr and reboot.

Don't know if this has ANYTHING to do with your situation but I know I have never seen that info before.

Last edited:
Camping for awhile !!!

Sorry guy, I have no experience with DECA yet, so I doubt I'd be much help.

Just curious, is the DECA done with Coax connections ?
I was just looking thru the menus in the HR24.
Under SYSTEM Info and addl. info, I noticed something while looking to see if they mention DECA anywhere ....
Under Addl Info I found this:

To Enable Coax Networking, Disconnect the ethernet cable from your recvr and reboot.

Don't know if this has ANYTHING to do with your situation but I know I have never seen that info before.

Camping huh? Did you get your receiver to work? Yah, we tried that, removed the ethernet cable I had in originally, rebooted, reloaded software, no luck....even did the "reset everything" nothing. All the other receivers are networking over Deca just fine. This one is the only problem child.

The installers never could figure it out. They left after five hours, said they will come back with a new HR24 next week....crapola

You guys won't believe this. I let it go for the last 8 hours or so, had some friends over and watched the UFC fight...GO RASHAD!!! I digress.....
Came back here and decided to do everything again. Re-did satellite setup, again, rebooted, again, and now it's working!!!! I don't get it, why now and not six hours ago? Well, I'll hold off on cancelling the tech's return visit on Friday until I make sure it works for a few days...maybe I just needed violence and alcohol to clear my head...!

I had the same experience as you wildbill. Everything was set up and the 2 HR24s weren't working correctly. The installer checked everything, made a couple phone calls, rebooted/unplugged/restarted the receivers and was baffled. I remembered seeing this thread and saw that you did a satellite setup again to get it to work. Sure enough, DECA, MRV all started working perfectly.

Great tip by wildbill, people should keep this in mind for new HR24/MRV installs as the techs don't always seem to know to do this!

Many have found relief in downloading the recent software update. Perhaps your HR24 got the update and decided it was time to work.

Actually forcing a software update was one of the first things he did while he was installing (forgot to mention that part).

I had the same experience as you wildbill. Everything was set up and the 2 HR24s weren't working correctly. The installer checked everything, made a couple phone calls, rebooted/unplugged/restarted the receivers and was baffled. I remembered seeing this thread and saw that you did a satellite setup again to get it to work. Sure enough, DECA, MRV all started working perfectly.

Great tip by wildbill, people should keep this in mind for new HR24/MRV installs as the techs don't always seem to know to do this!

Hey, glad my misery could help someone else out! :D:D:D:D

Many have found relief in downloading the recent software update. Perhaps your HR24 got the update and decided it was time to work.

The very first thing installers do is force a software update. They are required to. They did it on all my boxes which dumped my CE software.....but I didn't care.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)