jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE
H24-100 (0x410) • H24-200 (0x410) • H24-700 (0x411)
HR24-100 (0x410) • HR24-200 (0x410) • HR24-500 (0x411)

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, September 10, 2010 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, September 11, 2010 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download:
Customer Candidate

New features
None for the release

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues
This CE may remove your guide cache if you did not download a previous CE. Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide.
You will lose your guide cache when reverting from CE to national.
Please do not report sluggish issues or missing search results within the first 12 hours after download.

Version History

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Under-the-hood" and "stability" improvements are expected with every release and are not noted here.

New features
CE:03:01(0x03E8) [HR24 only]
Posters everywhere!
DirecTV Cinema enhancements.
CE:03:05(0x03EB) [HR24 only]
Smart Search now gives Top Matches

Improved/Updated
CE:03:07(0x03E3/0x03F8)
MRV (all but HR24-100)
System Test (all but HR24-100)

Media Share is still broke on the HR24-500. If DirecTV really does read this thread then please,

Fix Media Share on the HR24-500 PLEASE!

Media Share is still broke on the HR24-500. If DirecTV really does read this thread then please,

Fix Media Share on the HR24-500 PLEASE!

What is broken?

There are quite a few posts about this, but on the HR24-500 videos will skip and audio jumps ahead. It plays fine for the first 15 seconds or so, but then the rest is unwatchable.

Here's how to help DIRECTV fix the issue:

Notes
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues

That's a bummer. How is the MRV hooked up, ie cat5, wireless, etc?

Tried both Cat5 and Deca. It first started on a CE and then I rolled back to the NR and it worked fine. A week later they released a new NR and it was broke again.

Markie_Parkie said:
That's a bummer. How is the MRV hooked up, ie cat5, wireless, etc?

It isn't MRV. It is that aborted feature that still shows up in the menus called media share. I waited 30 minutes for my receiver to respond after trying to browse some pictures from my pc. Then I pushed the reset button. The feature is broken. Horribly. I also have the issue that the previous poster had with videos stuttering and losing sync. MRV is perfect though.

It isn't MRV. It is that aborted feature that still shows up in the menus called media share. I waited 30 minutes for my receiver to respond after trying to browse some pictures from my pc. Then I pushed the reset button. The feature is broken. Horribly. I also have the issue that the previous poster had with videos stuttering and losing sync. MRV is perfect though.

Media Share works perfectly on my H24, but the HR24-500s are broke.

When was media share "aborted"? It works for me. I used it last night to do a photo slide show onto my projector for my friends and had no issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)