HR24 Internet question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
I am trying to connect my HR24 to the internet wirelessly. When i go through the setup it says I need to plug in a wireless network adapter to the back of the receiver. Does this receiver not have this built in? If not, whats the best way to go about getting one?

I am trying to connect my HR24 to the internet wirelessly. When i go through the setup it says I need to plug in a wireless network adapter to the back of the receiver. Does this receiver not have this built in? If not, whats the best way to go about getting one?

DECA is built-in; wireless ETHERNET is not built-in. Need to know more about your setup to advise you on how to connect to the INTERNET.

For example, if you have Whole Home DVR (WHD), simply plugging-in an ETHERNET cable will disable the MRV over Coax feature and may handicap or defeat it's performance altogether. WHD requires Broad Band DECA as its Internet Connection Kit and is often omitted on orders unless the customer knows better than to allow that to happen. If this applies to you, Directv should install for free or minimum of $25.

If no WHD, wired ETHERNET will give you the best speed for downloading VOD or streaming for Directv2PC or Media Share. There were two Directv supported wireless devices (don't know if they're still supported); WGA600N gaming adapter (most preferred this one) and WET-610N. Although these devices can be configured by your HR24, some suggest manually configuring it yourself. Maybe someone with more wireless experience can share more on this.

I just have the HR24 in my apt and that is all. Ethernet is hooked up to my PS3 and laptop wirelessly and wanted to do the same with my receiver. I have the 5 lnb slimline

Question for Armchair,

I just got a new install with WHDVR (or MRV) and I have a H24 AND my router in my office. I really do not want to run another line to my office. I want to add internet to my system to enable On Demand downloads. Will the Linksys WGA600N work WITH the Internet Connection Kit (Broad Band DECA)? This way, I can put this wireless adaper, the DECA adapter, and both power supplies in my basement at the 1x8 SWM splitter...

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)