HR24 MVR Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SSN671

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
Lynchburg, VA
I have a problem with my MVR setup in that my HR24 can't see recordings on the HR34, but the HR34 and H24 can see recordings on both DVRs. Searching this forum resulted in one similar case where the apparent solution was by resetting switches, and I have to admit I have no idea what that means. Other remotely similar cases were apparently resolved by DVR reboots which have not helped my issue. The HR24 sees the HR34 when I check status under whole home settings, but none of the HR34 recordings show up on the HR24 listing.

I called D* tech support, and after a while ended up with a second level support tech. He had me check cabling, reset network defaults and reboot the DVRs, both by front buttons and by unplugging them, with no changes. After a while he came back and said this was a known problem with the HR24 and they were working on it. Since the software is 0x5d2 dated June 21, if this was a known problem that had existed that long I would have expected the forum to be full of similar cases. He said to wait a couple of weeks to see if the software updated (it didn't) and if not, try rebooting again. Tried rebooting again today, including pulling power and repowering several minutes apart, and still no change. I have the CCK off the router, with no ethernet connected to any receiver.

As far as I know this has been the case since the installation a few months ago. During installation we verified each receiver could see the other but there were no recordings then to check. I don't know if this is relevant, but the tech said all recordings should include notation on which DVR they were recorded, but none of the three receivers show this info. The only way to tell is to try and delete the recording since they are both set to require deletion from the respective DVR.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)