HR24 Recording series problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

holman3rd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
I've had a HR24-200 for a couple of years now with no problems. Now it won't record a series on the DVR. I bring up the screen where you input what recording settings you want, but when I click "Record Series" the screen blinks to a black screen with "Please wait..." on the bottom and then goes right back to the series setup screen. And the recording doesn't get set up. The blink really is a blink...as if the request is being rejected. I've tried it for different shows on different channels--all the same result.

I can record individual shows if I pull up the guide and hit the record button. And if I hit the record button again to supposedly record a series, the icon over the show is there, but when I go in to manage my series, the show isn't there.

I hope I haven't made this too confusing. I've tried resetting using the menu, using the red button and pulling the power plug. Nothing helps. I believe I have the current software -- 0x5d3, which was downloaded on 7/3, according to the info screen.

I have two other DVRs and both record series properly.

Thanks.

Maybe that DVR needs a re-authorization sent. This can be done from your DirecTV online account.

You might try setting up the series from the website as well.

I reauthorized the receiver, but that didn't help. I ran the diagnostic test and only get the error about it not being connected to a phone line.

I had a tech out here earlier this week to to work on one of my HD receivers that was having problems with the satellite signal. While here, I asked him to look at my DVR issue. He said, "I have no idea. Call Directv". Awesome.

I've actually seen this issue several times. Excluding the HR34 a simple software download NORMALLY takes care of this issue. I've had Directv's ISS department on the phone several times and they've had me do it and normally it takes care of it. Their explanation is the current software download may have had a bad download and needs redone. I'd try that first

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)