HR24 & Slimline connections

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mrgrip

Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
SW Florida
Hi, I've been reading, reading, & reading. Sometimes I get confused with what I'm reading.

If I have a HR24 & a regular slimline (Not SWM) I need a bbc..Correct?

If I have only one cable going to the HR24, I'll only be able to record on one tuner..Correct?

In order to use the two tuner capability of the HR24, I would have to run another cable from the Slimline to the HR24 or get a SWM.. Correct?

If I get a SWM LNB, what else would I need?

My HR24 will probably arrive around June 9th.

Thanks

Hi, I've been reading, reading, & reading. Sometimes I get confused with what I'm reading.

If I have a HR24 & a regular slimline (Not SWM) I need a bbc..Correct?
Yes, one per line.

If I have only one cable going to the HR24, I'll only be able to record on one tuner..Correct?
yes, and watch only what you are recording OR watch something that is already recorded, while you are recording a program

In order to use the two tuner capability of the HR24, I would have to run another cable from the Slimline to the HR24 or get a SWM.. Correct?
yes and yes

If I get a SWM LNB, what else would I need?
power inserter, would work for just one reciever, if you added more, you would need a swm splitter

My HR24 will probably arrive around June 9th.

Thanks
congrats, its the best receiver that Directv has currently.

Yes, one per line.

yes, and watch only what you are recording OR watch something that is already recorded, while you are recording a program

yes and yes

power inserter, would work for just one reciever, if you added more, you would need a swm splitter

congrats, its the best receiver that Directv has currently.

Thanks for the answers, I just checked my UPS tracking & the HR24 is coming in tomorrow (Friday) I can't wait. Now I have to pick up a bbc.

I also read about some posters that said that they had a SWM kit to install. What does that include?

Thanks for the answers, I just checked my UPS tracking & the HR24 is coming in tomorrow (Friday) I can't wait. Now I have to pick up a bbc.

I also read about some posters that said that they had a SWM kit to install. What does that include?

Since you are using a standard Slimline dish, you don't need to worry about SWiM at all. Two lines to the HR24, use B-Band converters and all is well. The HR24 will detect your setup and work fine. If you upgrade to SWim, you will just need to remove the b-band converters, run a single line to the box, and re-do satellite setup....

Since you are using a standard Slimline dish, you don't need to worry about SWiM at all. Two lines to the HR24, use B-Band converters and all is well. The HR24 will detect your setup and work fine. If you upgrade to SWim, you will just need to remove the b-band converters, run a single line to the box, and re-do satellite setup....

Well, my HR24 came in Friday, used the signal meter on the HR24 to lock in my Sats. I was getting 100% on 101 99% on 110 & 119 with nothing on 99 & 103. After I got a bbc from my buddy, I got a good signal from all 5 Sats

101 110 119 99 103
99% 95% 98% 91% 97% After I tweaked it I got

100% 94% 97% 95% 97%

So I called & activated the HR24 but it hung up on a "771 error" I did some searching & trouble shooting, tests & retests, & I came up with a "44-70-73-433" code When I read the explanation of the code, it said my internet was not hooked up (it had a ip provider listed) I haven't hooked it up to the internet. It also said my phone line was not connected. I never had any phone lines connected.

After the DTV rep activated my HR24 with the info on the card & everything it was rolling along good it DL'ed the guide but I don't have any picture, not even on my SD channels. I only have one line going to the HR24 & I have the BBC in line hooked up to port 1. Should it be hooked up to port 2 because I don't have a SWM? I have some experience & I know it's probably something simple but I'm missing something.

Tomorrow I'm going to try & hook it up at one of my buddies.

Any ideas would be apreciated.

Thanks

Well, my HR24 came in Friday, used the signal meter on the HR24 to lock in my Sats. I was getting 100% on 101 99% on 110 & 119 with nothing on 99 & 103. After I got a bbc from my buddy, I got a good signal from all 5 Sats

101 110 119 99 103
99% 95% 98% 91% 97% After I tweaked it I got

100% 94% 97% 95% 97%

So I called & activated the HR24 but it hung up on a "771 error" I did some searching & trouble shooting, tests & retests, & I came up with a "44-70-73-433" code When I read the explanation of the code, it said my internet was not hooked up (it had a ip provider listed) I haven't hooked it up to the internet. It also said my phone line was not connected. I never had any phone lines connected.

After the DTV rep activated my HR24 with the info on the card & everything it was rolling along good it DL'ed the guide but I don't have any picture, not even on my SD channels. I only have one line going to the HR24 & I have the BBC in line hooked up to port 1. Should it be hooked up to port 2 because I don't have a SWM? I have some experience & I know it's probably something simple but I'm missing something.

Tomorrow I'm going to try & hook it up at one of my buddies.

Any ideas would be apreciated.

Thanks

Check the ports, one of them should be marked as to which one to use. Also, go through the menu setup. There should be a setting for using only one cable. Of course you will able to use only one tuner.

Check the ports, one of them should be marked as to which one to use. Also, go through the menu setup. There should be a setting for using only one cable. Of course you will able to use only one tuner.

Well, after church today I replaced some RG-6 cable. ( I had the new cable there I just had to crimp my connectors on ) This Slimline was bought at a yard sale for $30.00 & I was starting to think I had a bad LNB. I took all kinds of readings & moved the DVR to the bedroom. I was going to post the readings I got for 99 (c) 99(s), 103 (s) 103 (cb) Then I figured that maybe I have to hook up both Sat inputs because it always seemed to go to "dual" when it was setting up. I tried port 2 by itself but it wouldn't see any signal. So, I hooked it back up to port 1, chaned the sat settings to single, & let it go & I got the "771" error again. Since I don't have easy access to running another line up in the attic, I decided to go in the garage, pull out my 1000 ft roll of cable, brought it in the house to hook it up to my LR & just run a temporary line to the bed room so I can hook up two inputs (with 2 bbc's of course) & see if that helped. After I laid out the cable & was getting ready to cut it & put a connector on........ SHAZAAM! I got picture with the single wire hook up. It seems that when you are troubleshooting, you always find it in the last place you look!

Bottom line... The HR-24 is GREAT!

Thanks to everyone with their suggestions. (BTW) I got to watch the last 3 innings of the Jays vs Yankee game in HD... Sweet!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts