hr24 slow to change channels even program guide is slow

Status
Please reply by conversation.

golfwalt49

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
St Louis
I see there has been other post on the same thing. I haven't been on here for a long time now. I haven't had any problems for the last two years. NO in the last three weeks and four phone calls i am not getting any help for directv. whats up. its takes 30 sec to a min to change channels or move up and down on the guide. it does happen all the time but its still a pain. My first call i was informed it was a software problem and they was working it. the third day after that call i was still having problems so i called back and was told there would be software update that would fix the problem. On july 7 i got the update everything worked ok for a half a day LOL. i called back and they reset the box and change some things in the set up. Two days ago i got mad and called back and asked for a new rec she told me they weren't sending out new boxs because its a software issure and they are working on it. I have been paying for the protection plan for 2 years now and never used it. whats going on. Is there someone else i can talk to or will i have to call everyday. I just don't know why they can't fix problem or just send out a repair guy or new box. if anyone else is having the same problem and now your rec is working let me know what you did ok.

It sounds like the same issue many of us had. A reset through the menu fixed mine. What software version do you have? I think the latest for the HR24 is 0x4a8.

Many say if you do a reboot twice, back to back ittakes care of that.... I haven't had the issue, so I can't say for sure.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

the latest update should fix it. in my case a few weeks ago not even two RBR did it. a few of us did the triple resets in a row and that worked. don't wait for it to boot up. just do the resets one after the other.

It was a datastream issue, not a software issue. DirecTV thought they had fixed it last week but hadn't. They now believe it is fixed. Just a single reboot should fix it now.

I hit the red button when it happens and it goes away for a day or more. Lately AOK, and haven't had to do it for more than a week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.