HR24 Software 0x7eb Search issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJ Lon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
All of my HR24s got this update yesterday and I'm encountering an annoying bug on all 3 of my DVRs: If I pull up "Smart Search" and choose "Recent Searches" and then choose a search entry already there, it returns no results and when you hit "done" it deletes the search entry. It also deletes it even if you hit the left arrow button. I've had some of these search entries for years on my oldest DVR and now they're gone.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes! This is almost unbelievable. It seems to be a clear indication that DTV does very little testing of its new software releases. This isn't some obscure procedure that people seldom do. I, and I'm sure many others, frequently use the Search feature. How could this boneheaded blunder have passed DTV's QC? The only reasonable answer is that, like so many companies, DTV views QC as a waste of money. Unbelievable!!!!

Can we expect a fix? If so, when?

D*'s software goes thru a lot of testing before it's released to the general public, some of it right here on this site.

Ok, I thought, what the heck, I got a lot of things in the Recent Searched section, I'll try it ...

I pulled up on that I know is no longer on, it should say something like, nothing found ...
When I hit the search, it deleted, like you guys said .....

However, I then went and hit one that I know is still on, NCIS and it pulled up 5 On Demand showings and down below that, the listings for the rest of the week including the reruns.

Soooo, whats that tell us ?

Not all are being deleted.

D*'s software goes thru a lot of testing before it's released to the general public, some of it right here on this site.

That's good to hear. Whomever tests the software right here needs to be sure to tell D* that a serious bug has been found with their current software release by concerned users of this forum. ;)

That's good to hear. Whomever tests the software right here needs to be sure to tell D* that a serious bug has been found with their current software release by concerned users of this forum. ;)

Well see if that has been resolved in the next few days after tonight and tomorrow nights software is released.

I can't decide if you're trying to be funny, sarcastic or helpful.

The whole point is that "none should be deleted."

I'm pointing out difference scenarios are bringing different results, not being funny at all.

One time it deleted, one time it didn't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)