HR24 Speed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

michaelbudney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
How has the speed difference been compared to the older HR2x series?

My HR23 receiver is slower than molasses in Antarctica :tux:. The pitiful guide performance has had me thinking of switching to Dish for a while.

in that thread this video was also posted [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pecWM_63Xkk]YouTube - HR20 vs HR24 comparison.mp4[/ame].

much faster

Okay, the playlist is super fast. The next question is how quickly does it scroll through the guide? Is the channel changing quicker? How about how quickly various menus are displayed when commanded with the remote?

Okay, the playlist is super fast. The next question is how quickly does it scroll through the guide? Is the channel changing quicker? How about how quickly various menus are displayed when commanded with the remote?
YES to all those questions. its faster.

Good to hear. The performance on the older series was an unacceptable design flaw.

The DTV developers must be happy they have a responsive platform.

Good to hear. The performance on the older series was an unacceptable design flaw.

The DTV developers must be happy they have a responsive platform.

Actually, it depends how far back you want to go, till the 24 came out, the older ones, hr20's were considered the faster ones as the newer generation, 21,22, 23 were considerably slower yet.

Actually, it depends how far back you want to go, till the 24 came out, the older ones, hr20's were considered the faster ones as the newer generation, 21,22, 23 were considerably slower yet.
True. My HR20 is faster than my HR23. I bought the HR23 to replace an HR10-250 to get the larger hard drive. I guess I'll just live with these until one of them quits working.

True. My HR20 is faster than my HR23. I bought the HR23 to replace an HR10-250 to get the larger hard drive. I guess I'll just live with these until one of them quits working.

What happens if you call them and tell them you want to activate a HR24 and return the 23, would that cancel your existing contract on the 23 ?

What happens if you call them and tell them you want to activate a HR24 and return the 23, would that cancel your existing contract on the 23 ?
I think it would renew his contract from that point

Just got my HR24 from Solidsignal yesterday and it is faster than my HR20. I hear everywhere a new receiver does start the 2 year contract over again. However not sure it can be enforced since I was not told by phone or in writing that it did. Nothing on the box states anything other than its a lease and receiver needs to be returned. If its policy somewhere in the contract I never signed any contract. Not even on the initial install. I was a surprised when the installer that barely spoke English just left without any paper work to sign.

I don't plan on leaving anytime soon because my only option is Cableone or Dish. Dish still has only part time RSN. Plus my openion Direct is much better with the HR24 full time RSN, MLB,media share and MHV that I just hooked up. I love it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)