HR24 support Maxtor 1TB Drive ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ZoSo925

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
Sin City
Im looking for a supported list of hard drives

Ive got a Maxtor DiamondMax22 - STM3100340AS 1TB 32MB 7200 Rpm SATA2
If I buy an external enclosure that has eSATA will this work for the HR24? Thanks.

There no Supported list that I am aware of, many have tried a variety of Hard Drives with a variety of results.
This goes for internal as well as External drives.

Ok thanks, guess it like a 50/50 chance. It's worth a shot and shop for enclosures. Probably wise not to go really cheap as it would not be compatible.

Hello ZoSo925,

I have an HR22 that I have tried a few 7200 rpm hard drives with less than stellar result. I currently use WD green 5400 rpm drives up to 2TB with great success. For an enclosure I use the Antec MX-1. Today the price form Provantage (PROVANTAGE SuperStore: Buy GPS Computers Electronics Software More) is $ 45.69 plus shipping $ 6.96 for a total cost of $ 52.65. You should search around as you may find a better price for the MX-1. The Antec comes complete including the cables for eSATA and USB 2.0. Good luck with your Maxtor 1TB drive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)