HR24 with 0x59e But No Pandora

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
I have had the new HD GUI for a while now. I just got the latest software 0x59e on my HR24 about a week ago. My wife was the first to turn it on after receiving the update and a message came up mentioning Pandora and the Power Saving feature. She is not sure exactly what it said.

Now, a week later, I still have no Pandora icon in "Extras". The new power save feature is in the menu. Also, "My DirecTV" section is empty and just says check back later. The weird thing is that everything else is working - even my TV Apps work (so it appears the internet connection is working).
Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this (preferably without losing my recordings)?

Thanks

the HR should show a code in the extra's that you have to use to acivate pandora. while the hr is displaying the code you need to go to pandora.com/directv and enter the code to activate your hr.

When I go to Menu - Extras, all I see are 7 icons: Messages, Active, Game Lounge, TV Apps, Music&Photos, Caller ID and ShowRoom. There is nothing on the screen referencing Pandora or any code??

By the way, I did try multiple reboots but that did not help.

Last edited:
Well, I learned what not to do.
I decided to try a restart with the 0-2-4-6-8 trick to reload the software.
It rolled me back to 0x57b. Now the crappy black at the bottom of the screen during pause or skip is back. Guess I have to wait not for directv to send me the updated software again.....

The CE's have been coming out almost every weekend lately, so it wouldn't hurt to do the 0-2-4-6-8 trick this Friday or Saturday night from 11:30 to 2:15, as that may fix Pandora and the crappy black banner for you.

After a week, I say your graphic downloads are all corrupted. Do a double Menu/Reset in 15 fifteen minutes and let it try again.

And do you have Parental Controls/Web Videos?

seems like every device as of late can play pandora, directv and my bluray. Might have to buy a subscription to pandora so the ads will be gone.

I'm having the same issue. Energy saver is there and the dvr announced it got the download, but it's not showing up. I've tried waiting, RBRs, resetting from the menu, and waiting some more, but nothing's worked. I suppose I can wait some more.

Same thing for me. Got the message that the Energy Saver and Pandora were downloaded. My memory is that it said to go to extras, and it would be there. Didn't write it down, because there didn't seem to be any special instructions, like "save this code to enter online." Energy Saver is there, but no Pandora.

Oddly enough, within an hour of my posting that, and with no further action on my part (and as far as I can tell without a restart), Pandora & YouTube showed up in my extras. So I guess it just can take a really long time to get there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)