HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crickett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2007
What is the newest HR24 available. I have seen talk on the HR24-100 HR-500 and HR24-200. Which is the newest and most improved. I will be leaving a 622 with Dish and want one at Direct that would be comparable.

Also is it better to sign up for Direct online, with a rep on phone or with a local dealer??

They're all the same receiver. The last 3 digits just indicate the different manufacturers that make them.

Most people here recommend the local dealer, specially if you specifically want a HR24 receiver. Directv cannot promise what HD-DVR you would get whereas a local dealer might have them in their warehouse.

They're all the same receiver. The last 3 digits just indicate the different manufacturers that make them.

Most people here recommend the local dealer, specially if you specifically want a HR24 receiver. Directv cannot promise what HD-DVR you would get whereas a local dealer might have them in their warehouse.

Which manufacture would be the best?

I have two of the HR24-500 and they both work great with the OTA tuner. I think there was some software trouble early on, and remeber the -500 was the only HR24 early on.

There is essentially no known difference at this point.

A few years in we learned the HR20-100 was not as good as the HR20-700 for example, but it took a while for anyone to learn that. When MRV came out it was an issue for the first time.

At this point all HR24 seem equal.

500 was the only one found, with a poll on the other site, to offer blank recordings with an AM21. If the user uses the Am21, Id strongly recommend a 100 or 200. BTW, the OTA recording bug has still not been fixed in CE versions.

Slim line Dish

What is the newest HR24 available. I have seen talk on the HR24-100 HR-500 and HR24-200. Which is the newest and most improved. I will be leaving a 622 with Dish and want one at Direct that would be comparable.

Also is it better to sign up for Direct online, with a rep on phone or with a local dealer??

Thanks for all the answers about the H24. I have one further question about the satellite dish. Is the slim line the only dish Direct has or will I have to be concerned about which one I get?? I am in the Southeastern part of WI and receive locals out of Milwaukee??

Thanks for all the answers about the H24. I have one further question about the satellite dish. Is the slim line the only dish Direct has or will I have to be concerned about which one I get?? I am in the Southeastern part of WI and receive locals out of Milwaukee??
The Slimline is all they have for HD customers. You'll either get a Slimline 3 " uses only 99,101,103 orbital locations" Or a Slimline 5 Uses 99,101,103,110,119.

Dishes are identical, Lnbs are just different, Its all Based on your where your SD locals come from, and if you have SD equipment on your account , because some DMA's might not have all/or any of their locals in HD.

The Slimline is all they have for HD customers. You'll either get a Slimline 3 " uses only 99,101,103 orbital locations" Or a Slimline 5 Uses 99,101,103,110,119.

Dishes are identical, Lnbs are just different, Its all Based on your where your SD locals come from, and if you have SD equipment on your account , because some DMA's might not have all/or any of their locals in HD.

Unless he decides he wants a SWM set up, which is STILL the same dish, just another different LNB set up !

Direct came out and swapped my 3 for a 5. Some music channels are on 119. Iceberg posted this list a while ago.
807-Rat Pack (50's music)
815-Holidays (assume its just during xmas time)
824-groove lounge
852-jazz
853-Metro Blend
855-Great Standards
861-Pump (they have some decent music...Van Halen was on when I turned it on)
865-Piano
870-Fiesta
873-Mexican
876-Mariachi
877-Carnival Brasil
880-Family Favorites (60's-today soft rock music...they had the Wallflowers on when I turned it on)
881-Italian
882-Italian Contemporary

883-Irish
884-Tranquality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts