Status
Please reply by conversation.

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
I would like to hide all the ppv channels and premium channels I don't subscribe to. Is there any way to do it?

Create a favorite channel listing and only include the ones that you want to see.

Menu, Setup, Favorite Channels

Thanks but that's not really what I'm trying to do. I want to hide channels like you can do to adult channels so it's like they don't exist. It isn't for censorship, just to simplify things. I also know about booleans on searches. I don't think there is simple way to do it with the HR2x but I was hoping there might be a "secret" code for someone who was really determined. :)

Thanks but that's not really what I'm trying to do. I want to hide channels like you can do to adult channels so it's like they don't exist. It isn't for censorship, just to simplify things. I also know about booleans on searches. I don't think there is simple way to do it with the HR2x but I was hoping there might be a "secret" code for someone who was really determined. :)

If you want to hide the PPV then you have to do what I mentioned.

Thanks. I didn't think there was a way to do it the way I want to. What it is, it is. I have ways to work around it, but the bolt in my neck strains every once and a while. :)

Did you come from DISH per chance - no, there is no "all sub" option on D*... ;)

What was the giveaway, the mention of the neck bolt? :)

I wanted to avoid mentioning other devices because it generally leads threads astray. I really was hoping that there was some hidden trick.

The giveaway is that DISH is the ONLY EPG that I know of with such an option, so not rocket science to figure out. :)
But also a small correction for you - the ALL SUB option on DISH does NOT hide ANY of the PPV's, so it's a moot point either way.
You have to create a favorite list to accomplish this with DISH as well. ;)
While the AS option is nice, the fact it does not hide PPV defeats it's purpose, for myself anyway.

Doesn't really matter you did mention "another device"/provider - ALL providers have certain exclusive features, so not really a biggie either way.

The giveaway is that DISH is the ONLY EPG that I know of with such an option, so not rocket science to figure out. :)
But also a small correction for you - the ALL SUB option on DISH does NOT hide ANY of the PPV's, so it's a moot point either way.
You have to create a favorite list to accomplish this with DISH as well. ;)
While the AS option is nice, the fact it does not hide PPV defeats it's purpose, for myself anyway.

Doesn't really matter you did mention "another device"/provider - ALL providers have certain exclusive features, so not really a biggie either way.

I can't say I know what the "all sub" is on dish. I did have dish 2 years ago. I've also had Tivo. I know I could just block channels on each device. But that really is the moot point. I have Directv now. I'd like to do something with my HR20 and HR21. I asked it it was possible. Apparently it is not. And that is that. It's a simple question. If the answer is no, the answer is no.

I can't say I know what the "all sub" is on dish. I did have dish 2 years ago. I've also had Tivo. I know I could just block channels on each device. But that really is the moot point. I have Directv now. I'd like to do something with my HR20 and HR21. I asked it it was possible. Apparently it is not. And that is that. It's a simple question. If the answer is no, the answer is no.

It is possible, just not the way you want to do it. Jag72 told you how. It is backwards from what you were thinking, but it gets you to the exact same place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts