R15 DVR Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

laman400

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
I posted this in the other Direct forum without much success. I thought maybe this belonged here in the technical forum instead.
After 9 years with Dish, I made the change to Direct a month ago in order to get the MLB Extra Inning Package. Watching Extra Innings on my PC just wasn't working out for me anymore.
I have 2 Standard DVR's, model R15-500 and both are exhibiting the same symptom since being installed 4 weeks ago. I have NOT been able to verify if they have the problem at the same time on both DVR's, since I use one in the TV room, while my wife uses the other DVR in the bedroom, and we are watching different channels usually.
At completely random times, sometimes maybe once an hour, sometimes maybe not for 5 or 6 hours, on all channels (no pattern seems to be in play), the picture freezes (sound freezes also) for approximately 2 seconds, then the picture goes all black on the screen for another 2 seconds, then the picture comes back on and the program resumes playing normally until this happens again in anywhere from 1 hour to 6 hours later. It happens on both DVR's, just not certain if it happens at the same time on both DVR's. If I "rewind" the live program back 30 seconds or so, and then play it forward, the picture freeze is captured on the playback just as it occurred in real time. I did not have DVR's on my old Dish system, so I am at a loss to explain what is happening on my new Direct DVR's. Any explanations would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)