Friday, October 2, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, October 3, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AMET

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
Please post All MRV Issues in this thread
All MRV clients/servers must be 0x353 or higher
You will lose your guide cache when reverting from CE to national
Please do not report guide sluggish issues within the first 24 hours of download
When reporting issues with 1080p, please include the TV resolution
information reported from the Miscellaneous Options screen as well as
your TV model
Multi-Room-Video activated with keyword "BRINGMRVBACK", disabled with "LOSEMRV"

Previous Version History

New features

CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Left Menu appearance
CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Support for Linksys WET610N Wireless Adapter
CE:21:03 (0x353/0x354) - MRV is back!
CE:21:05 (0x035B) - New Playlist and Playlist sorting persistence
CE:21:05 (0x035B) - DIRECTV On DEMAND program detail screen facelift

Improved/Updated
CE:21:01 (0x034D) Very High Risk
Playlist touch ups
Prioritizer renamed "Series Manager"
"Rec. Once" and "Rec. Series" text now more user friendly in To Do List and Guide
In the TO DO LIST for upcoming recordings:
Rec. Once is now Episode Options
Rec. Series is now Series Options
In the TO DO LIST for programs currently recording:
Rec. Once... is now Recording...
Rec. Series... is now Series Options
In the GUIDE for non-series-link programs:
Rec. Once is now Record Once
Rec. Series is now Record Series
Under the hood
CE:21:02 (0x0350) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:03 (0x353/0x354) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:04 (0x0356) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:05 (0x035B) Very High Risk
Under the hood

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, more nondescript "under the hood". Really gives a legitimate tester something to work with.

Translation: "if we told you about the goofy bugs we fixed, we'd look bad"

Do note that this release is dubbed 'scary high risk'. Might be better to wait until later this evening or until tomorrow to see how others are doing with it.

Of course, it seems the run-of-the-mill risk rating for the last 45 releases has been 'very high', which sort of makes that a baseline average risk level ;)

Downloaded 035F on (2)H23-600's, R22, and H23-700... All installed without glitch and MRV was still running on 700 and 22. Worked first time I went to the playlist. The left button to close a folder worked as well.

Yay, more nondescript "under the hood". Really gives a legitimate tester something to work with.

Translation: "if we told you about the goofy bugs we fixed, we'd look bad"

Do note that this release is dubbed 'scary high risk'. Might be better to wait until later this evening or until tomorrow to see how others are doing with it.

Of course, it seems the run-of-the-mill risk rating for the last 45 releases has been 'very high', which sort of makes that a baseline average risk level ;)

Is this your first day here ? :D

They always have "Under the hood " stuff they fix, many things you have NO IDEA of .....

Come on, Scary high risks ?

If they said, OK heres one that you have NO RISK, would that make you feel better ?
No one would dl, but you'd feel better.

Is it just me or is channel changing and the menu speed much much faster ? This is the first CE that I have noticed this and I am very impressed.

Is this your first day here ? :D

Hey, its my second. I know where the bathrooms are!

They always have "Under the hood " stuff they fix, many things you have NO IDEA of .....

And they've also always had actual change logs and new feature items along with the magic 'under the hood'. When the code gets within 90-95% of the way to NR, a lot of the releases are nothing but 'under the hood'. They're clearly making a lot of changes, and it'd be nice for them to tell us what they've fixed or added so we can test the fixes/additions rather than simply run blind at it.

It would certainly make for far more effective testing.

Come on, Scary high risks ?

If they said, OK heres one that you have NO RISK, would that make you feel better ?

I'd like a realistic take on the risk level comparable to running the NR or against a typical CE. For about 5 months everything has been "very high risk" yet very few people have had complete losses of recorded shows, lost series links, or hangs/reboots that made the product unusable.

Personally, I think they're sticking the 'high risk' label on them to keep joe sixpack from downloading it to 'just check it out'. But that does a disservice to the rest of the people doing testing, both by giving an unrealistic gauge of risk and some 'sky is falling!' effect.

All that having been said, it appears that the name of this release is "Scary", or that the developers or dbstalk were having some fun with it, being that its the month of October, and this had no bearing on the level of risk.

Thats unfortunate, because the 'scary' risk level caused a lot of testers to defer downloading last night.

I'm currently participating in 5 technology beta test products. Yes, my wife hates me on some days, but loves the nice goodies in equal balance. In the four other beta scenarios, the developers read and post to the 'secret' beta forum, respond to bug reports, list fixes and new features as they roll out, and theres a lot of good information sharing thats beneficial to the company, the people willing to test the releases and the testing process.

In this process, you could eliminate the release notes, the risk levels, and even the problem reporting and I doubt there'd be much difference.

Running fine on both of my HR20-100's and i'm not seeing anyone reporting any major problems on any of the directv sites...yet. However it looks like many of the bugs from last week are still there. The playlist folders still have issues, the trickplay on mrv is still hinky and the mrv splats are still there. Remote response time seems better, but thats always good after a reboot.

Soo...not sure what else to try/test other than to just use it for a few days and see if the hangs/reboots are still there.

Only thing to consider is that the 'super scary risk' scared a lot of testers away, so the limited major bug reports might be because hardly anyone downloaded it, rather than an actual lack of problems.

I did, I had some MRV problems initially and had to reboot (through the menu) both my HR20 and HR21. After the reboot I lost MRV altogether, but was able to enable it again with the keyword search. It seems to be working again. Other than that...no SCARY problems.....

I am new to this, but would like to test MRV. I downloaded last night to a H23-600, but the keyword searches are not working for me. It is showing software version 435f. I have the Miscellaneous Options showing in the menu, but the only option listed is Done. I was planning to install on my HR21-100 tonight.

I did, I had some MRV problems initially and had to reboot (through the menu) both my HR20 and HR21. After the reboot I lost MRV altogether, but was able to enable it again with the keyword search. It seems to be working again. Other than that...no SCARY problems.....

I had that issue with the missing MRV on my H21. and that required a keyword to fix. I'm wondering (and I'll know later tonight) if loosing network connectivity could be the cause. When I lost it only one time, it was when I was fiddleing around w/ my network.

(I ran some Cat 6 today under the house just for my h21...the wife got tired of having a network cable running through the hall).

I had that issue with the missing MRV on my H21. and that required a keyword to fix. I'm wondering (and I'll know later tonight) if loosing network connectivity could be the cause. When I lost it only one time, it was when I was fiddleing around w/ my network.

(I ran some Cat 6 today under the house just for my h21...the wife got tired of having a network cable running through the hall).

So how do I submit bug reports?

If you loose network connection on a h21, you have to reboot and keyword loose/bringback to get mrv back.

I've read this issue on here before, but just wanted to say I'm still experiencing this issue. When playing a video on my HR23-700 off of my R22, the "Auto Rewind" (fast forwarding through commercials and hitting play... it backs up) still needs some tweeking. At 1x it's not too bad, but still not the same as playing a show local. x2 is a little worse and x3 is WAY off. Would like to see the same amount of "Auto Rewind" using MRV as local recordings.

HR21-100 with AM21

This release is not good.

MRV gives a smart card error. Rebooted a few times but it will not work between both HR21's.

Deleting a program in the list deletes the program above it. I also have a few duplicate folders with 0 programs in them.

Remote response is slow as ever.

The GUI takes a few seconds to draw graphics when screens change at certain times.

So how do I submit bug reports?

If you loose network connection on a h21, you have to reboot and keyword loose/bringback to get mrv back.
Heres how
Diagnostics Reports

When reporting significant issues, it is helpful to the software developers to have diagnostic information from your receiver.
This is done by enabling the Diagnostics Report sub menu. Please see the next post of this thread for instructions on how to enable this feature using the IAMANEDGECUTTER hidden keyword feature.

You must have an ethernet cable / powerline networking adapter / wireless adapter connected to your receiver to send a report to DirecTV.

To generate a diagnostic report number, click: MENU -> Parental, Fav's & Setup -> Miscellaneous Options -> Report

It will take a few minutes to generate a report and upload it to DirecTV, after which you will receive a report number.

You can only generate one diagnostic report per hour.
:)