HR2x CE Release 5/8 x0309

Well they changed the name AGAIN ... I guess thats OK seeing it's still in beta testing mode.

This is what was last weeks Game Search that alot of people thought was a odd name for it :)
See, here's proof that D* does read the site (s).
its progress.

This release is working great for me so far. Fixed my Hulu and Netflix issues with PlayOn. TVApps work ok but a little slow. Remote still delays a bit but nothing major. I don't have 2 DVRs (yet) so I don't know if MRV was improved at all. Overall great release.

Why wait, it's worth using the ethernet now for MRV and who knows how long before MRV via SWM would be available.

I thought the MRV via SWM is already shown to the retailers as a working beta? Only that there is no point to do any CE for it, except a few, existing subs do not have SWM installed.

I'm thinking about picking up a standard def DVR to try out the MRV..couple of questions though.. If I recorded something in HD on my HR21, can i still veiw it on a standard def receiver in just lower quality?

Secondly is it still a requirement to have 2 separate cable runs for dvr's? I have that on my main set but only have 1 run from the dish to my bedroom where I just have the D11...so not sure if I'll even be able to get the SD DVR.

Thoughts?

Comments on MRV. I have an HR21-700 and 22-100 connected via Linksys Powerline Adapter (200mbs).

I notice that when opening the list for the other receiver (doesn't matter which one) the list is slow to open folders. Also if you have multiple folders and open say the third one, the system will open the first one instead. It takes several attempts to open the right folder and access the program you want to watch.
2nd response to skip forward or backward is slow.

Otherwise a great option. HD programs are smooth with only an occasional stutter or pixilation, usually after using skip.

From national to CE last night (HR22-100).
1. Remote response seems even MORE sluggish than the national
2. I notice some of the UI polishing and seems to be better (yellow highlight flash after select is pressed, delete folder progress bar, ect.)
3. Reboot was noticeably slower
4. Guide seems to be faster at times and slower at times... but mostly faster

I thought the MRV via SWM is already shown to the retailers as a working beta? Only that there is no point to do any CE for it, except a few, existing subs do not have SWM installed.

It may have been demo'ed to retailies but it's not in a CE yet and nobody have said if existing SWM's will work with MRV via SWM or new ones are required. Don't know where you get existing subs don't have SWM, I have two SWM8's that I purchased and my son got a SWMLNB with a new install a couple months ago.

A few existing subs that don't have SWM ????

There are MILLIONS that don't have SWM and most don't even know it exists.

I have had SWM LNB for just over a year. Bought mine on eBay and paid a fortune for it. It works great though and wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

Skip to tick problem, maybe.

Am wondering if anyone else is having this problem occasionally when I try to use the skip forward button a cpl times in a row playback jumps all the way to the end of the recording. I thought it might have something to do with SUPERSKIPTOTICK so I tried to turn it off using Superskiptotickoff but it didn't seem to disable the feature nor did it fix the issue. Is it possible it just didn't take the first Superskiptotickoff command and I just need to redo it again or, since I really don't use the skip to tick feature is it possible to just turn it off completely?

Anyway just curious if anyone else has had this issue or is it isolated to me. I don't want to submit a report/bug complaint if it isn't a software issue.

Absolutely Terrible!! My HR21-100 is slower than ever. So frustrated. Stop cramming all these features on your boxes. It isnt working. Either the programmers cant figure it out or the hardware just cant handle it. Make the HR series the best it can possiblly be given it's obvious limitations. Back to the national release and responsiveness is back to what it was. Not great, but much better.

Other than the prob with the skipping I've actually been pretty happy with this CE myself. Especially glad they more or less fixed the streaming Video prob that popped up about 2-3 CE's back.

If you read my post again, you are in agreement with me:)

Rad, yes a lot of the members there have SWM already, but not the vast majority out there. But I do see your point, if a lot of the members here already have SWM, then it should not be any problem to do SWM/MRV CE.

My point was, the SWM/MRV has already been shown to the retailers. It may become available without any CE, just the usual beta testing.

Not everything must go through the CE program before national release, and not everything that has gone through CE will eventually be in NR.

I am a cutting edge guy and helped start the CE program here at Satguys. I dont have SWM. I do the CE's every weekend and enjoying MRV but I have no need to move to SWM since I have the runs through the house that I need. I also have cat5 too. Gotta be millions that dont have it yet but have DVR's and 5 LNB dishes. That was a weird assumption huh?

Two HR21-100 with AM21 receivers

I'm seeing more breakups/glitches using MRV with this CE than last weeks CE. Both receivers are hard wired to the same router. Mediashare video works but is also very glitchy. I'm going to try to reboot these overnight and see if they are better tomorrow.

Report 20090510-3C89
Model: HR21-700
Previous version: 0303

Problem: After running the update overnight, I powered on my TV and found a black screen and no guide data.

Additional Info: Pressing info returned the information from when I restarted the receiver to download the new CE version. I attempted to change the channel with ch up and down with no response. Guide would not respond. I was able to open the menu and generate the report.

After the report completed, I placed the unit in Standby and powered it back on. After doing so, I was able to see guide data and had video.

can R22-100 be able to view movies from HR23-700 or other way around? I have them connected to home network and they can play music from computer but am unable to get MRV working. I did MRVCLIENTON and still no luck

can R22-100 be able to view movies from HR23-700 or other way around? I have them connected to home network and they can play music from computer but am unable to get MRV working. I did MRVCLIENTON and still no luck

Either direction should work. Have you done a IAMANEDGECUTTER search on both boxes and enabled MRV in the miscellaneous menu?

MRV is still a too jerky for HD with powerline ethernet adapters, but media share now works great for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)