HR2x CE Release 5/8 x0309

When is D* scheduled to install SWM here for existing subs? If it is commonplace certainly there is a schedule?

Model: HR20-100
Diagnostics: 20090511-8C4

Since CE I have lost 3 of my local channels. I am in the Charleston, SC DMA. Lost channels 4,24, and 36. I have them on all of my other receivers, 2 H21's , 1 H20 and 1 R22. I might have to go back to NR.

Unfortunately it was the CE causing the problem. After trying a reset and redoing my Sat setup with no luck, I went back to NR and channels that were missing were back. Seemed like a stable release otherwise. Now I lost MRV and DLB. But the wrath of Wife not being able to DVR Dancing With the Stars was not worth it.

Okay. so it wasn't the CE. I have lost those three channels again. Now I am mad. No MRV and no DLB until Friday I hope.

Last edited:
DK:20090511-F6D
HR21-100

This release is giving me many problems. I'm having issues with channel changing. Three times when changing channels the banner would come up with the channel i'm tuning to but the channel would not change. the banner stayed up for 5 minutes. it's done this 3 times. recordings keep skipping all the way to the end at times while forwarding 30sec at a time. this happens more often while the dvr is recording. the guide has really slowed down and so has response to most commands. i've been dealing with this since friday night and i might have to go back to the NR. something i rarely ever do. diagnostic key for the report is posted above.

DK:20090511-F6D
HR21-100

This release is giving me many problems. I'm having issues with channel changing. Three times when changing channels the banner would come up with the channel i'm tuning to but the channel would not change. the banner stayed up for 5 minutes. it's done this 3 times. recordings keep skipping all the way to the end at times while forwarding 30sec at a time. this happens more often while the dvr is recording. the guide has really slowed down and so has response to most commands. i've been dealing with this since friday night and i might have to go back to the NR. something i rarely ever do. diagnostic key for the report is posted above.

had to go back to the national release. too many issues too frequent.

My HR21-700 receiver is actually running better...the guide is quicker, the channel change is faster, but I have to input the number on my RC64R remote in IR mode slowly and it seems to work...I still wish MediaShare would work the first time I select a program...

One thing I do not like is being asked if I want to cancel something a few minutes before both tuners are scheduled to record. Its scheduled for a reason.

It seems someone else at the other site is experiencing the same problems I am having but on a larger scale. He is getting a black screen on several channels. He has a SWM and a HR20 just like I do. I wonder if there is some issue with this CE and SWM's?

After two weeks of testing, I'm very disappointed in the slow down of everything and lack of responsiveness (all values are timed).
1. Channel changing: anywhere from 3-8 seconds
2. Guide scrolling: Instant scroll - 4 seconds
3. Remote response: Instant acceptance - 5 seconds

DirecTV... Please FIX!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)