HR2x / H24 / R22 Software Release v.040A / 040D 8/11/10

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've seen bugs get fixed and then come back again in later CE's and NR's. Looks like they're using chunks of code and switching them back and forth, and somebody isnt making sure the chunk they're switching in didnt have any known bugs.

I've seen bugs get fixed and then come back again in later CE's and NR's. Looks like they're using chunks of code and switching them back and forth, and somebody isnt making sure the chunk they're switching in didnt have any known bugs.

If so, they need to go back to the working code for Media Share.

How about instead of pointless updates, they make it so the DVR's run faster? It's ridiculous how slow my HR runs sometimes.

Same here. Actually I just wish I knew what this release was supposed to bring to the table. I dont think it shows any obvious features. I dont have it yet, so I cant really say if it runs faster. In general, these releases dump the guide data and the box has to rebuild that over a period of several days, plus it has to download all the graphics all over again. That means until you've been running it for ~3 days or more, the performance hasnt quite settled.

If so, they need to go back to the working code for Media Share.

They broke and fixed that so many times I gave up on it and just bought a small computer for each tv. Now I can play movies from my media library, do netflix, youtube, etc. Sometimes just browsing on a 60" screen is nice.

I'd love to have the directv box do all of this without needing a lot of extra stuff. Whats it been? 3 years that mediashare has been in 'beta'?

Same here. Actually I just wish I knew what this release was supposed to bring to the table. I dont think it shows any obvious features. I dont have it yet, so I cant really say if it runs faster. In general, these releases dump the guide data and the box has to rebuild that over a period of several days, plus it has to download all the graphics all over again. That means until you've been running it for ~3 days or more, the performance hasnt quite settled.

They broke and fixed that so many times I gave up on it and just bought a small computer for each tv. Now I can play movies from my media library, do netflix, youtube, etc. Sometimes just browsing on a 60" screen is nice.

I'd love to have the directv box do all of this without needing a lot of extra stuff. Whats it been? 3 years that mediashare has been in 'beta'?

When did U Verse come out, that was when D* started to think about doing MRV, once they saw AT&T's working.

Plus tivo had it for a long time, and I think the directv engineering folks really wanted to cross off all of those tivo advantages. I think the plan was to make a directv tivo rather moot. Since the product has never materialized and I dont hear much about it, maybe it worked.

My DVR HR24 has it will have to check the H24 see if it's gotten it and so far no issues. I really like the new Icons that you see about the program in the guide now.:)

Thanks, I saw them last night for the first time, about 48 hours after the download.

Is it a bug that the graphic doesn't display when you highlight a folder/group? You have to expand the folder to highlight an individual title, and only then will the image display. I like the idea of the image showing in the Playlist, but it really should be consistent and ALWAYS display, even when a folder is highlighted.

The graphic does not show on all titles, but I do see them on some when I just highlight a folder of a group of recordings.

Yeah the Icons I'm taking about are in the guide when you scroll back and forth from channel to channel. Those do show up on most channels as you scroll. Don't know about the playlist so forth have not look at that yet.

To update everyone, there is a poll at DBS and it appears the HR24-500 is the only model of HR24 where users see an OTA recording issue. 17 votes for it, and 0 currently for the other models.

To update everyone, there is a poll at DBS and it appears the HR24-500 is the only model of HR24 where users see an OTA recording issue. 17 votes for it, and 0 currently for the other models.

Glad I don't use OTA. But apparently MediaShare is messed up only on the HR24-500 as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)