Friday, January 1, 2010 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, January 2, 2010 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: Customer Candidate

New features
None for this release

Improved/Updated
Stability

Notes
You will lose your guide cache when reverting from CE to national.
Please do not report sluggish issues within the first 12 hours of download

Previous Release Information:

New features
CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Left Menu appearance
CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Support for Linksys WET610N Wireless Adapter
CE:21:03 (0x353/0x354) - MRV is back!
CE:21:05 (0x035B) - New Playlist and Playlist sorting persistence
CE:21:05 (0x035B) - DIRECTV On DEMAND program detail screen facelift
CE:21:09 (0x036A) - MRV is back!
CE:21:10 (0x036F) - Unified Search
CE:21:10 (0x036F) - "Watch Now/Soon" from DIRECTV Cinema
CE:21:11 (0x0374) - Enriched Guide Data:
Similar Shows
Cast & Crew
GUIDE Artwork
Actor Filmography
Actor Awards
Star ratings for movies

CE:21:12 (0x0379) - Smart Search now includes suggestions!

Improved/Updated
CE:21:01 (0x034D) Very High Risk
Playlist touch ups
Prioritizer renamed "Series Manager"
"Rec. Once" and "Rec. Series" text now more user friendly in To Do List and Guide
In the TO DO LIST for upcoming recordings:
Rec. Once is now Episode Options
Rec. Series is now Series Options
In the TO DO LIST for programs currently recording:
Rec. Once... is now Recording...
Rec. Series... is now Series Options
In the GUIDE for non-series-link programs:
Rec. Once is now Record Once
Rec. Series is now Record Series
Under the hood
CE:21:02 (0x0350) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:03 (0x353/0x354) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:04 (0x0356) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:05 (0x035B) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:06 (0x035F) SCARY HIGH RISK
Under the hood
CE:21:07 (0x0364) Customer Candidate
Under the hood
CE:21:08 (0x0368) Customer Candidate
Under the hood
CE:21:09 (0x036A) Moderate Risk
Media Share Improvements
Under the hood
CE:21:10 (0x036F) Moderate Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:11 (0x0374) High Risk
Quasi under the hood
Playlist Sort Order: Alphabetical sorting of folders now chronological within folder
CE:21:12 (0x0379) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:13 (0x037E) High Risk
Under the hood
Must reenter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword to get Misc Options
CE:21:14 (0x0380) High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:15 (0x0384) High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:16 (0x0388) High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:17 (0x038c) High Risk
Under the hood
CE:21:18 (0x038E) Customer Candidate
Under the hood

I notice that this CE release and the previous one have been labeled as "customer candidates" and that 368 also went through two releases. So what are the odds that this one will be released nationally soon?

I notice that this CE release and the previous one have been labeled as "customer candidates" and that 368 also went through two releases. So what are the odds that this one will be released nationally soon?

368 is the Current NR, right ?
I'm pretty sure friends that upgraded last week have that on thiers.

What I was saying was that 368 was released fairly quickly and that this current CE (38E) has had two releases, so when will it go NR?

So this is a customer candidate with MRV?
I just want to make sure before I kick it off.
Thanks.

Thanks.
Just doesn't make sense how some are rumoring that D* is going to start charging extra for MRV. If it rolls out and customers start using it; D* is going to come back and take it away unless we ante up? I would think it just another value add like internet DVR scheduling. So if this turns out to be a NR I think thats a good sign.

Thanks.
Just doesn't make sense how some are rumoring that D* is going to start charging extra for MRV. If it rolls out and customers start using it; D* is going to come back and take it away unless we ante up? I would think it just another value add like internet DVR scheduling. So if this turns out to be a NR I think thats a good sign.

Does it make sense that in the MRV status screens it has a line about MRV being authorized if they weren't going to charge for it? Executives have also mentioned on a couple financial calls about a possible charge for MRV. From what I've seen the next NR rollout will have the MRV code in it, it won't be removed like it was in the last couple NR rollouts.

Remember, MRV is not enabled by default. Unless someone goes into the setup menus and finds it they won't even know it's there. If they do then they're told it's a beta feature and are directed to www.directv.com/multiroom for more information. On that site they could mention that it's a test and there could be a charge for it once it goes productional. Since DirecTV hasn't said officially one way or the other at this time it's anyones guess if they'll charge or not. But I can say in the CE section on the other site a LARGE number of CE testers have said they're not happy if there is a charge, and wouldn't enabled MRV if there is or drop some other service like HD Extra pack to make up the difference.

Does it make sense that in the MRV status screens it has a line about MRV being authorized if they weren't going to charge for it? Executives have also mentioned on a couple financial calls about a possible charge for MRV. From what I've seen the next NR rollout will have the MRV code in it, it won't be removed like it was in the last couple NR rollouts.

Remember, MRV is not enabled by default. Unless someone goes into the setup menus and finds it they won't even know it's there. If they do then they're told it's a beta feature and are directed to www.directv.com/multiroom for more information. On that site they could mention that it's a test and there could be a charge for it once it goes productional. Since DirecTV hasn't said officially one way or the other at this time it's anyones guess if they'll charge or not. But I can say in the CE section on the other site a LARGE number of CE testers have said they're not happy if there is a charge, and wouldn't enabled MRV if there is or drop some other service like HD Extra pack to make up the difference.
What you say makes sense. But it would be such a misstep by D* since E* has MRV built into their receivers, U-verse (doesn't charge for the same feature) and rates are already being raised. I don't think the blogs would be nice about it either. Us geeks sure love it and would sorely miss it but how many average subs would pay more for such an obscure feature. I think my sister understands paying more for HD and understands paying more for the DVR but selling her on MRV would take lots more explaining when she can just record Ugly Betty on both her DVRs. Which I guess if they only charged those that want to use non DVRs to connect to DVRs it starts to make a little more sense. Dunno just such a greedy move as there is no long term cost associated and R&D would be paid for the first month.

What you say makes sense. But it would be such a misstep by D* since E* has MRV built into their receivers, U-verse (doesn't charge for the same feature) and rates are already being raised. I don't think the blogs would be nice about it either. Us geeks sure love it and would sorely miss it but how many average subs would pay more for such an obscure feature. I think my sister understands paying more for HD and understands paying more for the DVR but selling her on MRV would take lots more explaining when she can just record Ugly Betty on both her DVRs. Which I guess if they only charged those that want to use non DVRs to connect to DVRs it starts to make a little more sense. Dunno just such a greedy move as there is no long term cost associated and R&D would be paid for the first month.

I agree with both your stances.

D* should NOT charge for it if other providers are not.
Then again, maybe the other providers WILL if D* does successfully.

E* has MRV built into thier recvrs ?
Without internet involved ?
Didn't know that.

Thats not the same as the ONE recvr they have that does two rooms, thats not what your talking about , is it ?

Thats not the same as the ONE recvr they have that does two rooms, thats not what your talking about , is it ?

Yea, I know it's not HD on the second tv but it is MRV and D* is playing catchup in this race. But with HD they pull ahead so no need for them to get cocky and charge extra as well.

Yea, I know it's not HD on the second tv but it is MRV and D* is playing catchup in this race. But with HD they pull ahead so no need for them to get cocky and charge extra as well.

IF they do decide to charge for it, they will just have a lot of people that DON'T sign up for it.
I know I won't.

Well I went ahead and downloaded it last night but didn't get to play with it till this morning. Anyway something I'm noticing. With the last few releases I really liked the Cast & Crew feature so you could actually see pic's and bio's of the people in the show. This morning tho I was playing back something and decided I wanted to look at the cast and seems now no pic's and no info on the people :( I went back to another movie I recorded last week and which was showing that data and it now says no info available. I really liked that feature so I hope it wasn't eliminated.

Is this a goof on DTV's part or does it just take time for that data to start showing up? Or even worse is it just an issue on my end? Could someone else confirm this?

That would be nice as well, although I thought at least with some shows it was showing the guests. I just was trying to make sure it was an issue of the system just not having downloaded all the info yet as opposed to the feature being eliminated as it made finding other movies and such a particular person was in when you had pic's to go with the names.

While I agree with you DirecTV should not charge for MRV (installation for those that need it maybe, but not for self installs) There is NO comparison with Dish's so called MRV and DirecTV's. Apples and oranges.

That would be nice as well, although I thought at least with some shows it was showing the guests. I just was trying to make sure it was an issue of the system just not having downloaded all the info yet as opposed to the feature being eliminated as it made finding other movies and such a particular person was in when you had pic's to go with the names.

When your d/l ing CE software, things come and go, till they decide to release it full time with a NR candidate.

Actually, I just checked mine and the pictures are still there, then again, I haven't recorded anything since Friday .

When your d/l ing CE software, things come and go, till they decide to release it full time with a NR candidate.

Oh I realize that. I was just checking. I was asking as my partner in crime noticed the issue before I did so I said I'd ask. I was fairly sure I pulled down the latest CE but since the first post doesn't mention the build number for this week I wasn't certain so said I'd ask here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)