HR2x / R22 CE Release 10/23 v.036A

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
some of you guys & gals may need to check your actual network as MRV and media share runs just fine; even HD

My network is setup correctly. You are the only one between the two sites that is claiming Mediashare is working with this release. What client are you using?

I agree with DJ Rob. I have several boxes hooked up to my network. None have media share working. I downgraded one box and media share started working again. I wouldn't waste time troubleshooting the network until you return to the national release software on a box to see if it functions again.

My network is setup correctly. You are the only one between the two sites that is claiming Mediashare is working with this release. What client are you using?

CORRECTION for DJ ROB

Just re-tested and MRV is still working A-OK but to confirm MS is NOT; I must have ran it on the last version OR was going thru TVersity & the PS3 (dont use MS much); so again ONLY MRV is working now, but very well.

From what I've seen testing MRV, the occasional breakup of video isn't a network problem since it will happen with two boxes hardwired directly to each other, can't get more simple then that. But if you're seeing pausing in the playback that's usually because the network path can't pass the data quick enough to keep the receivers buffer (about 5 to 6 seconds for HD) full and it's running out.

Don't forget, if you are having problems generate a report if the boxes have an internet connection via your network and log the problem.

Lots of people having mediashare problems with this release, it seems to be pretty well broken.

There are still problems with mrv pausing the transmission of packets, so occasional glitches are still happening and no amount of network fiddling will help that.

On the other side of things, if you're running a wireless or powerline network and getting a lot of glitching, you probably need to pull a wire or buy more expensive wireless or powerline setups. Sometimes even dual band wireless N or 200Mb/s powerline isnt good enough.

Comparisons with other network related applications working fine when MRV doesnt also isnt much of an indicator. Most network apps arent dependent on a fluid, unbuffered 12-15Mb/s real time data stream. MRV is.

MRV is working fairly well (at least for SD) but not as good as the last CE before the first time they pulled it for a NR. I have tried wireless (both G and N are useless for MRV) and powerline adapters. I have some MoCA adapters coming next week and hopefully they will help (I will use them on the OTA line, since the frequency interferes with the satellite signals).

Both of my DVRs have had problems tuning to certain channels. A reboot fixes it. If this continues, I'll go back to the NR. I'll lose MRV, but Media Share will work again.

MRV solution, maybe

it could be my imagination, but it seems that when I pause the incoming recording for about a minute, I have no more glitches. I'm using powerline through my Airport Extremes.

Just about everything in the network has a little bit of buffer. Your powerline boxes, your router, the switches between receivers, the network buffer in the receiver, and theres a little buffer in the receiver for decryption/decoding.

You might get a second or two of video buffered in total when you pause. Probably also takes some of the load off of both the server and client receivers for a minute while you're paused, so whatever other stuff was going on that was competing with the MRV stream for resources got to finish whatever it was doing.

TV apps arent working for me. I think its the second time I've ever used them. Just got a gray screen for a second or two and back to the show I was watching.

Had several more instances today of having the play bar pop up while watching a show when the remote was sitting on the table. Seems to happen 99-100% of the time while watching nfl sunday ticket games.

Great, I have it working with MRV. I haven't had tested it too much yet though. Thanks for the help.

This release is a load of crap. I've never had issues with MRV now all I get is the common error. I don't mess with media share so i can't comment on that.

Just wanted to post my experience since I've been downloading the CE's for awhile now and haven't given a lot of feedback.

On our HR23-700 and two H23-600's, this has probably been the best release that I can remember. The *horribly* sluggish guide problems are completely gone on the HR, and MRV has been working great. I expect the minor digital glitches in it on HD content and we only get them occasionally. On the last release(s), the "resume" feature wouldn't work from receiver to receiver (ie, if you stopped watching a program 20 min into it, when you'd switch to another receiver, it would have "resume" on the menu instead of "play" but it would start over from the beginning). However, on the current release, it picks up in another room without a hitch where you left it. Very happy. :)

Several noticeable bugs on HR22-100. After several hours it just will not go to channel 202. Rebooting temporarily solves the problem but it returns. When using list the small window of current program displays stuff like -1/38.

Media Share not working on my HR20 and HR22.

Went to national release.

Last edited:
Varaonaid,

I have the same results with this release on my HR21-100 and H23-600. The guide and menu are much more responsive and the recording picks up where you left off on both receivers. This release also seems like it does not jump as far ahead when you hit play after fast forwarding.

Several noticeable bugs on HR22-100. After several hours it just will not go to channel 202. Rebooting temporarily solves the problem but it returns. When using list the small window of current program displays stuff like -1/38.

Media Share not working on my HR20 and HR22.

Went to national release.

It was discussed elsewhere that MediaShare is broken in this CE as a lot of us know but attempts to use it has induced various channel tune problems.

I have not used MediaShare in a while so no tuning issues here.

It was discussed elsewhere that MediaShare is broken in this CE as a lot of us know but attempts to use it has induced various channel tune problems.

Interesting.

I just use mediashare for animated programs. Anything else leaves too much compression artifacts.

This is the first I've heard of this. What kind of channel tune issues are caused by using Mediashare?

This is the first I've heard of this. What kind of channel tune issues are caused by using Mediashare?

In my case it just wouldn't go to channel 202 either by punching the numbers or the channel up down buttons. In fact it would just stop at that point it wouldn't go to any channel lower if going down etc... When entering the numbers it would treat 202 like a channel that didn't exist except no error message.

In my case it just wouldn't go to channel 202 either by punching the numbers or the channel up down buttons. In fact it would just stop at that point it wouldn't go to any channel lower if going down etc... When entering the numbers it would treat 202 like a channel that didn't exist except no error message.

That was my point; people that were complaining about the MediaShare being broken were the ones having the tuning issues. More of these were reported on another site and the correlation was made. I can't recall who said it first but I saw it happening here also so I posted it. RBR the the box and refrain from MediaShare attempts have fixed the tuning issue for some this CE. I didn't try MediaShare this CE so I had no problems.

I suspect this will not be a problem with next CE.

Thanks for the info! When I used this CE I didn't see the tuning problem. Just the Mediashare not playing videos problem. But I didn't try it more than a couple of times. Looking forward to tonights CE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts