HR2x / R22 CE Release 10/24 0x0292

NetSrvcs = Network Services and I will let Jason try to explain that one.

GUI = Graphic User Interface and that is simply the internal menu system of the receiver.

..and as far as the lip sync issue; I was saying that it did not matter between the national or this CE firmware or the previous CE; I did not and still do not have any lip sync issue.

ok haven't downloaded yet.. but I wanna say something to directv. if the gui will be any more sluggish as a result of what you're working on, give it up. Your gui is way too sluggish as it is and for some reason it doesn't seem to be a priority. Don't go backwards... no thanks to this CE based on what I've read.

CE 290 -vs- NR 290

Is there any difference between the CE 290 and the National Release? I had 290 before it went National.. should I do an update outside of CE hours to get the national release?

Has anyone found anything 'new' in the 292?

So they implemented the most asked for wish list item and no one can figure out what they did? Gotta wonder where they got this "list" from.

So they implemented the most asked for wish list item and no one can figure out what they did? Gotta wonder where they got this "list" from.
The notes say "This CE cycle incorporates the first baby step toward supporting one of CE’s top requested features. The feature will be revealed in a forthcoming CE download.", not that they implemented it. As for the list, over at DBSTalk there has been a "Wish List" of new features that people want which D*'s been implementing some of the top requests.

I would imagine it will pick back up to where it normally is, 120 - 127*,
I'll check in the AM.

edit: It's back up to 118 * now

Jimbo
That is interesting. The temp on my HR20 never gets above 110 and is normally at around 95 (which it is currently after it has been on for hours).

That is interesting. The temp on my HR20 never gets above 110 and is normally at around 95 (which it is currently after it has been on for hours).

All depends. Mines enclosed and it was around 125, I put a usb fan blowing down into it and now it stays 100-104.

Due to travels, Im waaaay behind on dvr's so Im going to have to miss a few weeks of CE, can't risk losing the shows :(. I have to think they are finalizing dual live buffers.

Regarding network service, right now, there is nothing that uses it. The fortunes feature (currently removed) was added simply to use the ports. Many found that fortunes worked, even though the network services tests failed.

My understanding is that many routers were handling the port requests fine, but the tests still showed as failiing. To me, that means something is wrong with the test.

There hasn't been any significant changes to it because it isn't used for anything yet. (Several network intense features work regardless of the network services test (directv2pc, fortunes, widget bar - the coming soon bar still uses network to get that image, etc).

With this release, or one earlier (perhaps I didn't notice) the network services was removed from the system test. It is still available by going to the network services option on the network setup menu, then hitting connect now.

That's about the best I can explain it, essentailly right now, it doens't do anything, and they know it is kinda broken. There hasn't been any focus on it because it isn't needed yet.

This is not directly from DirecTV, but from my reading, experience, and tests.

In two days of testing I've seen no significant differences between 0292 and 0290. The only thing I have observed is that the guide and some GUI response times are a slight bit slower. Nothing significant, but noticable.

VOD channels are slower as well, some taking 1-2 seconds to open the image, and then another to open the left-side menu.

Harold - nobody knows at this point. They want us to test the code, and they'll tell us when they're ready.

Speculation is multiroom viewing, building off the recent launch of directv2pc. Time will tell :)

That would be a nice thing to have, could send back one of my other 3 receivers and save some $. Thanks for the reply.

That would be a nice thing to have, could send back one of my other 3 receivers and save some $. Thanks for the reply.

Someone can correct me if I wrong but, the MRV would only work between HR2X's. For MRV to work you would need DVR service on your account ($5.99 covers all receivers on the account) and each HR2X connected to your home network.

No cost savings in canceling a reciever or DVR service.

Someone can correct me if I wrong but, the MRV would only work between HR2X's. For MRV to work you would need DVR service on your account ($5.99 covers all receivers on the account) and each HR2X connected to your home network.

No cost savings in canceling a reciever or DVR service.

That is the current assumption that MRV needs the HR2X DVR's as clients and servers. There is a rumor that maybe the H21/H23 might also be able to act as a client, but all of this is just rumor and guessing since DirecTV hasn't said anything yet about this.

Would the MRV be to other HR2x receivers or to regular H series?

Just wondering if MRV would be a benefit for me, if I only have 1 R22-100 and 2 H21- 100's??

I really hope that I can view my recording from my R22 on my H21 upstairs!!

Thanks,

Josh

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts