HR2x / R22 CE Release 5/29 v.31A

Rad,
I download them every week and I do my best to put them thru their paces, and when I find issues I report them, just perhaps not as verbosely as this time.(I will go back and tone down the anger part since it seems offensive) I actually expect the occational problem and totally understand that things like that happen and accept that as a part of participating in the CE program. Its just that this weeks CE has thrown me for more of a loop than usual.

Sorry if I sound mad over this weeks CE. It is just that for the most part, other than some minor issues in past CE's, I've just not had one act this badly for me. I spent hours getting everything on new computer setup including reformating a HD and totally rebuilding my system, OS and all, from the ground up and with last weeks CE everything was working I would say flawlessly. Then This weeks feels like a major backstep and its fustraiting because I can't see how so much could go bad at once.

If you can't understand that then so be it.

Edit: well I toned down my origonal post but not sure if it will update anyone elses posts that quoted me
I have him on ignore. Its as if he thinks he is some kind of official judge on who can be a CE'r.

Last edited:
Not that its a "good" thing that DTV had to cancel it tonight but it does seem there were some real problems with this weeks code so its probably for the best.

Too bad they couldn't just put last weeks CE back in the stream for tonight. I really liked it.;)

Release for Saturday HR2x is cancelled.

Not that its a "good" thing that DTV had to cancel it tonight but it does seem there were some real problems with this weeks code so its probably for the best.

Too bad they couldn't just put last weeks CE back in the stream for tonight. I really liked it.;)

The Saturday one gets called off every so often, when something goes haywire ...

Like I mentioned, I went back to the "NR" and all is well again, just missing a few features I like is all.
I'll get the next CE next Friday, it will probably be the safest one yet !

Oh I know, its a strong addiction. I'm sure I'll download next weeks as well. I just wish DTV would consider a change in policy and when a CE goes off the rail they would cancel it but put the previous weeks CE back in the stream for that night. It wouldn't cause anyone any harm, allow those running into too many issues a chance to revert and the worst that would happen is if someone didn't find out about the switch they would simply redownload the CE they already have which, as far as I know, is a harmless situation.:D

That is the process of testing CEs, it may hang up but trust me within minutes it will release and go back, you can also shut of MRV and go back

Oh I know, its a strong addiction. I'm sure I'll download next weeks as well. I just wish DTV would consider a change in policy and when a CE goes off the rail they would cancel it but put the previous weeks CE back in the stream for that night. It wouldn't cause anyone any harm, allow those running into too many issues a chance to revert and the worst that would happen is if someone didn't find out about the switch they would simply redownload the CE they already have which, as far as I know, is a harmless situation.:D

They do not and will not put previous CE's back in the stream because that revision has already been tested, reported on and they have already moved on with new code. The only reason we are given the privilege to test this software is to give Directv bug reports.

I'm watching playback of the NASCAR race, and I'm getting a real bad intermittent audio "fart" about every 15 seconds. I don't know whether that's part of the broadcast or part of the DVR software update. It's really annoying. It was on the commercials too.

Ok, got some new weirdness, don't know if it's related to the CE or not. One of my boxes is an HR20. I had it down the basement hooked to my plasma. i moved the setup and now I lost the HDMI output. Thought I had a bad cable, but no.

I'm downloading the regular software now to see it that solves the problem.