HR2x & R22 CE Release 7/3 v.032F

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! DirecTV Cutting Edge Program: Terms, FAQ, How-To, Hidden Features, and More

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

For the latest updates, check out the Satelliteguys CE Chat on Friday nights:
chat.satelliteguys.us

-----------------

Friday July 3, 2009 11pm - 2:30am ET
Saturday July 4, 2009 11pm - 2:30am ET

Happy 4th of July. The CE schedule will be Friday/Saturday like normal.

Version 0x32F

HR20-100, HR20-700
HR21-100, HR21-200, HR21-700
HR22-100
HR23-700
R22-100, R22-200

Improvements & Updates
* DoublePlay touch ups
* Parental Controls touch ups
* Under the hood

Notes
* No keyword needed for TV Apps
* No keyword needed for DoublePlay
* Multi-Room-Video activated with keyword "MRVCLIENTON"
* You will lose your guide cache when reverting from CE to national
* Very High Risk Download
* When reporting issues with 1080p, please include the TV resolution information reported from the Miscellaneous Options screen as well as your TV model number

Previous Release Information:

New Features
01 - Multi-Room Viewing (enable with keyword search "MRVCLIENTON")
01 - Faster Reboots
03 - Dual Live Buffers (no longer requires keyword search to activate)

Improved/Updated
01 - Program Guide refinements
01 - Under the hood
01 - UI polishing
01 - 20 actors available again in listing
01 - Faster Guide
02 - DIRECTV On Demand in native mode
02 - Playlist sorting
02 - Prioritizer deletion
02 - Previous channel when exiting interactive
02 - Under the hood
03 - Fixed frequent rebooting introduced in CE:20:02
03 - Missing OTA Channels
03 - No Guide Data HR21-200 only
03 - MediaShare: Tversity subfolder playback
03 - Under the hood
04 - Fixed long time to get out of standby
04 - Dual Live Buffers (GameSwap)
----- Resolution issues when switching buffers
----- Scheduled recordings will default to background tuner when there is no response to conflict resolution dialog
----- New information message when activating
----- Deactivates after 2 hours of non-use
----- Deactivates by putting receiver in standby (turn off) for 5 minutes or more and then turn it back on
----- Removed Toggle Tuner menu from TV Options (Yellow Button)
04 - Reboot issues
04 - Black Screen
04 - Under the hood
05 - Receivers not getting software download
05 - Keep or Delete OSD upon playback
05 - DoublePlay: Channel banner display
05 - MediaShare: Unable to play videos
05 - Reboot issues
05 - Caller ID
05 - Record Series Conflict screen
05 - System Test
05 - Under the hood
06 - Trickplay to Normal Play speed
06 - No Audio on Local channel recording
06 - Audio on Mix channels
06 - MediaShare compatibility with media servers
06 - History and To Do List recording messages
06 - Record Series confirmation messages
06 - Booking live program recording prompts to add end time extension
06 - 1080p/24 TV compatibility
06 - Under the hood
07 - Spontaneous reboots
07 - Box unable to boot after CE download
07 - Lost audio after CE download
07 - Play button activates trickplay bar in ScoreGuide channels
07 - To Do List and History info screens
07 - MRV client playing back ATSC recordings
07 - DoublePlay after exiting recording
07 - Loss of background in interactive apps
07 - Under the hood
08 - MRV touch ups
08 - Playlist deletions upon software update
08 - GameSearch improvements
08 - Trickplay bar display
08 - Under the hood
09 - MRV touch ups
09 - Live Extension touch ups
09 - MediaShare fixes
09 - Incorrect title in Playlist
09 - Audio selection on ATSC channels
09 - To Do List information
09 - Under the hood
10 - MRV touch ups
10 - DoublePlay touch ups
10 - Under the hood touch ups, including ‘unable to boot’ reports from last week’s CE
11 - DIRECTV Cinema marquee (channel 1100), even for those without internet
setup
11 - Play DIRECTV Cinema on-demand from program guide movie posters (try
the movie posters in the 1000's)
11 - Parental Controls touch ups
11 - MRV touch ups
11 - DoublePlay touch ups
11 - History information
11 - Under the hood
12 - New Feature: TV options DIRECTV Subtitling
12 - MRV touch ups
12 - DoublePlay touch ups
12 - Trickplay updates
12 - Aspect ratio changing on certain channels
12 - Box wrongly tuned to channel 9982 with screensaver showing
12 - Bookmarks updates
12 - Under the hood

Hmm, no specific fixes mentioned for MRV, unless those are part of the "under the hood" changes.

Got it, some weirdities.

Downloaded it on the downstairs HR20-100. Came up fine, merged playlist showed immediately. Started watching a show from the upstairs HR20-100 which was still on last weeks CE.

Worked fine for 6 minutes. I put it on pause for a couple of minutes. When I hit play it stuck on the frame it was paused on. Hit play and got the playbar stuck. Hit rewind...nothing. Hit exit. Hit LIST and got only the local shows.

Went upstairs figuring to start that unit downloading. When I turned on the tv it was in step two of a reboot, which explains why I lost the MRV feed....

Downloading the upstairs now. At least in the short term it seems that inter-CE-generation MRV may cause the MRV server to reboot.

Both units were just rebooted earlier this afternoon when they became unstable for MRV.

Got it, some weirdities.

Downloaded it on the downstairs HR20-100. Came up fine, merged playlist showed immediately. Started watching a show from the upstairs HR20-100 which was still on last weeks CE.

Worked fine for 6 minutes. I put it on pause for a couple of minutes. When I hit play it stuck on the frame it was paused on. Hit play and got the playbar stuck. Hit rewind...nothing. Hit exit. Hit LIST and got only the local shows.

Went upstairs figuring to start that unit downloading. When I turned on the tv it was in step two of a reboot, which explains why I lost the MRV feed....

Downloading the upstairs now. At least in the short term it seems that inter-CE-generation MRV may cause the MRV server to reboot.

Both units were just rebooted earlier this afternoon when they became unstable for MRV.

My HR22's seem to be on same pattern as last CE (x32c), now with x32f, both d/l OK (both CE's at same time).

But one HR22 (L/R) seems to come up lame on MRV or timeout later like it's off or disabled (no Shared MRV list, MRV playback and missing the "Filter by Playlist" option under yellow button while in LIST...k/w search MRVCLIENTON is ignored).

The other one continues to display shared list and playback MRV from the one that appears disabled but yet I have to restart the one that's working properly to get MRV to display the shared list and MRV playback on HR22 in L/R.

And yes, twice, last week I had to restart both HR22's to get MRV working on both HR22's. But the last two times this happened, I found that restarting just the one that appears to work keeps from having to restart both of them. Seems all restarts I've had to do are on the same HR22 (B/R). It either freezes and has to be rebooted....or restarted to get MRV working on the HR22 in L/R which appears to be MRV disabled due to a timeout (missing Shared MRV list, MRV playback and "Filter by Playlist" option under yellow button while in LIST).

again for the fourth week in a row i will probably have to go back to the NR. scrolling through the guide is impossible. very very slow. will generate report and post here in a little bit.

HR21-700 (report 20090704-2BC8); HR23-700 (report 20090704-2280); both hard wired

When confirming 'delete now' at the end of a recording from a local reciever, the screen doesn't go back to the playlist. I don't recall if this was normal with the NR or not but it is definatley annoying to have to hit extra keys to get back to the playlist after confirming a delete.

And yes, twice, last week I had to restart both HR22's to get MRV working on both HR22's.

Maybe the same problem i'm having, although because we're very heavy MRV users we're actually watching a show when one of the boxes decides to stop participating in MRV. Seems that perhaps if it decides to quit AND you dont have a current MRV session going, it just keeps going but doesnt show the merged playlist. In my case where we have an MRV session going when one of the HR20-100's decides to drop off, it causes one of the boxes (usually the mrv server) to either freeze or reboot either immediately or after a few minutes.

This has been in the last 3 CE's, and well 'report'ed.

Reading some tea leaves, I note that there are no fixes called out for MRV this week, just DLB, and that the current directv magazine talks about the new DLB feature but doesnt mention MRV.

So my guess is we get a NR this month which has DLB in it, but the MRV still requires the keyword search to enable and that gets a lot of work in the next CE.

HR21-100 with AM21
Unable to send report.

1) Menu to send report is missing in Miscellaneous Options and will not show up. Was there all of the CEs before this one.

2) GUI very slow. 6+ seconds to execute most remote commands that have to do with the guide - scrolling, selecting channel, etc. Not usuable for the average user. :(

3) For the 3rd CE in a row I am unable to add/remove favorite channels above 1000. That screen is very flakey and locks up if you try to enter a channel above 1000.

3) Mediashare had issues detecting our mediaserver after CE loaded. Reboot fixed it.

4) Interactive channels like NEWSMIX take about 15 seconds to load.

HR21-100 with AM21
Unable to send report.

1) Menu to send report is missing in Miscellaneous Options and will not show up. Was there all of the CEs before this one.

I think that happens when the box doesnt think it has an internet connection.

I have internet to it. I'm able to pull programs via VOD through the internet. I restarted Network Services and it connects fine. I redid the IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search just for the heck of it and still no report option.

Another bug: Had rain last night and the signal was in and out. The receiver totally locks up and won't let you do anything when getting the 721 error. I tried to tune to an OTA channel or recorded program - it was just locked up until I rebooted.

Really weird. The few times I've lost the report option just rerunning network setup brought it back.

My wife is upstairs watching a show from the downstairs unit via mrv, no problems.

When i tried to watch something that was stored on the upstairs unit on the downstairs unit, I get 4-5 seconds of gray screen followed by "unable to access media"

When I went to send a report, no report option in Misc menu. Went to network and told it to redo the network setup, which reported success. Report option then reappeared in the misc menu.

Report # 20090704-3538

Rebooting the upstairs unit fixed the problem, report was for the downstairs unit.

So the upstairs MRV server went down, but the MRV client was able to pull from the downstairs. Downstairs had the merged playlist, but couldnt play the upstairs content.

Never got the "unable to access media" error before.

Double MRV (both boxes viewing shows from the other) isnt working too well in this release. Did it a lot since MRV first came out in the CE and was surprised how well it worked, either with both boxes hooked to my router or (these days) on their own 100Mb/s full duplex switch.

Really glitchy and splatty video, audio mostly hangs in there but its hiccup'ed a few times now and then.

Switch isnt even breathing hard. Pushing maybe 10-12Mb/s each way, no errors. It actually yawned when I pulled up the status page.

My wife is upstairs watching a show from the downstairs unit via mrv, no problems.

When i tried to watch something that was stored on the upstairs unit on the downstairs unit, I get 4-5 seconds of gray screen followed by "unable to access media"

When I went to send a report, no report option in Misc menu. Went to network and told it to redo the network setup, which reported success. Report option then reappeared in the misc menu.

Report # 20090704-3538

Rebooting the upstairs unit fixed the problem, report was for the downstairs unit.

So the upstairs MRV server went down, but the MRV client was able to pull from the downstairs. Downstairs had the merged playlist, but couldnt play the upstairs content.

Never got the "unable to access media" error before.

This is the second time already this CE that I've gotten "Unable to Access Media" where one MRV server is down while the other is playing. This time I think I sent the right Report.

Diagnostic Report # 20090704-28E5

I was using DirecTv2PC to view B/R HR22 and mistakenly thought I could MRV stream from B/R to L/R also. Is this causing a MRV server to shutdown? Maybe something needs to be put in place to prevent that from happening. I don't think that has been what happened each time but another contributer to the problem.

ID: 20090704-2666
Models: Server & Client both HR20-100

This is a good one.

Basement Server, LivingRoom Client: In Playlist, basement's recordings are listed twice. So, one movie recorded in the basement shows up on the upstairs receiver as two instances of the same movie. I can play each one seemingly independent of one another (if I watch 5 mins of one, back out and look at the playlist, one is new and I can "resume" the other). And yes, I've verified two recordings don't really exist.

Swap locations (Basement Client, LivingRoom Server): LivingRoom's recordings actually show times FOUR! So, If I have one show recorded once in each location, viewing the basement's playlist shows 5 recordings of that show (once locally, 4 remote). WOW. Some of my series recordings show 26 recordings in the folder

Doesn't appear to be affecting disk space, and looks like it only applies to recordings that existed before this CE.

*UPDATE* - RBR for both unitys remedied the issue.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)