HR2x / R22 CE Release for 10/3

Still experiencing frustration with the IR remote mode on one of my HR20-700s.

This receiver uses the AV1/AV2 option.

This morning I shut off power to the boxes / hard drives for two hours, after turning them back on, my IR remote function is back. It did NOT come back after a RBR last night, and was still not working this morning before the "time-out". Hopefully it lasts :)

Diagnostic Report (after it's working again): 20081005-CB8
Your confusing me...
Your post at 9:21 says "Still experiencing frustration with the IR remote mode on one of my HR20-700s."

You then said after unplugging the unit this morning and resetting it came back up with IR working.
Is it still working now, or did it quit again ?

Jimbo

Report 20081006-1B26

HR21-700

Unit was non-responsive to remote and power button after being in sleep mode overnight. Power cycled the unit, hung on 97% longer than usual. After the system finished rebuilding prioritizer list the screen went black. Attempted to cycle the TV inputs suspecting it lost the HDMI sync, no success. Powered the unit off and on using the panel button, picture came back on the second try.

Internal temp is at 118.

Noticed ethernet cable was loose when trying to send the report; however, this most likely came loose on the reboot when pulling the power cord.

DK-20081006-18D7

for the 1st time ever the HR21-100 wouldn't turn on this morning. Did a R&R and now it's up and running. This release hasn't been as good for me as other in the last few weeks. took way longer than usual to download sat info.

At about 7:00 pm last night, the HR21-700 decided to re-boot itself and I missed the top of my recording. This is the second time in two weeks that this has happen...the remote has been unresponsive on numerous occasions...I think it is time to replace my DVR...

3am HR22-100 spontaneous reboot. 2 minutes into a recording of "Heroes" then the machine decides to reboot itself.

Few minutes later my HR20 does the same thing. HR20 does not run CE releases as it's the machine I keep archives on.

Maybe the reboots had nothing to do with CE software at all...

Last edited:
3am HR22-100 spontaneous reboot. 2 minutes into a recording of "Heroes" then the machine decides to reboot itself.

Few minutes later my HR20 does the same thing. HR20 does not run CE releases as it's the machine I keep archives on.

Maybe the reboots had nothing to do with CE software at all...

correct. it's something D had to do last night. it happened to all of us.

I have had a lot of problems with this release. The recording often have a lot of sound problems. On some programs there are sound drops and the sync with the mouth is way off. It doesn't happen on every program but some of them are full of it.
Anyone else had sound problems?

No issue report yet since I'm at work... laundry list time:

I have had the same green screen problem some others have reported. If I decide to do a chasing playback of a show that's still recording via OTA, I only get a green screen. If I stop and wait until the recording completes, I can play it back but the first couple seconds has green artifacting.

I've also noticed that after fast forwarding at x2 the recording will play for about 2 or 3 seconds then pause as if the buffer is being rebuilt then continue playing.

Guide has been relatively slower when scrolling item by item with an RF Remote setup. I haven't switched back to IR yet to test it though.

HR21-700 w/ AM21

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts