[*]Similar Shows
    [*]Cast & Crew
    [*]GUIDE Artwork
    [*]Actor Filmography
    [*]Actor Awards
    [*]Star ratings for movies​

Improved/Updated
  • Quasi under the hood
  • Playlist Sort Order: Alphabetical sorting of folders now chronological within folder

Notes
  • Multi-Room-Video activated with keyword "BRINGMRVBACK", disabled with "LOSEMRV"
  • This CE will remove your guide cache so please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide; *and* to allow the hidden features to be available for your testing and review!
  • Please do not report sluggish issues within the first 12 hours of download

Previous Release Info:
New features
CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Left Menu appearance
CE:21:01 (0x034D) - Support for Linksys WET610N Wireless Adapter
CE:21:03 (0x353/0x354) - MRV is back!
CE:21:05 (0x035B) - New Playlist and Playlist sorting persistence
CE:21:05 (0x035B) - DIRECTV On DEMAND program detail screen facelift
CE:21:09 (0x036A) - MRV is back!
CE:21:10 (0x036F) - Unified Search
CE:21:10 (0x036F) - "Watch Now/Soon" from DIRECTV Cinema

Improved/Updated
Playlist touch ups
Prioritizer renamed "Series Manager"
"Rec. Once" and "Rec. Series" text now more user friendly in To Do List and Guide
Under the hood
Media Share Improvements

Tease!! LOL!!

Not really, the notes also had in them:

This CE will remove your guide cache so please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide; *and* to allow the hidden features to be available for your testing and review!

Now you just have to picture what the change might be.

Just got the new software. I see differences on the info screen, like "similar shows" and "cast and crew", at least I don't think I saw those before... Also, there's a rectangle that says "image not available", probably for DVD cover art.

New feature is adding more to the 'info' screen, including actor searches 'similar shows' and some other stuff. Only works on locally recorded shows, not mrv merged playlist shows.

Also, mrv seems to have changed, since the new release only mrv's from other receivers with the same version.

And, theres a 'live webcam' app that you can enable with a keyword search to show webcams around the world, several hours behind real time, with poor update speed.

On that last one, I'm frankly amazed (yet again) that directv spends time and development resources on crap like this thats interesting for about 6 minutes when there are dozens of really productive things they could be doing.

Reminds me of my old company, who spent millions of dollars on making surfboards with computers embedded in them when our main competitor was kicking our a$$ on our primary business. Yep, that was some cool stuff... ::)

HR21-100 with AM21

The 10 or so second delay after a remote button push is back with this release. I guess the speedy GUI of the last few releases was too good to be true. :(

Also, OTA channels lock up randomly and you have to channel change to get them back until the next lock up.

Doubleplay option is GONE - no longer comes up when pressing arrow down.

Last edited:
HR21-100 with AM21

The 10 or so second delay after a remote button push is back with this release. I guess the speedy GUI of the last few releases was too good to be true. :(

Also, OTA channels lock up randomly and you have to channel change to get them back until the next lock up.

Doubleplay option is GONE - no longer comes up when pressing arrow down.

Try them this morning, my remote and guide work very well.

CE dumps the guide data and every other data structure and has to reload all 14 days and rebuild everything from scratch, so the response time may stink for 10-14 hours or more.

I lost MRV between HR21-100 and H23-600 with this release. The H23 pulls up the playlist, but gives error Unable to connect to media. I have rebooted both receivers multiple times, checked network connections, rebooted router, and tried LOSEMRV and BRINGMRVBACK a few times. Strange that it sees the playlist, but will not play anything. Any ideas?

The only thing I did different this time was I updated the H23 first and lost MRV completely until I updated the HR21. Would reverting back to the national release today and updating again tonight be worth trying?

I know that when people were updating last night, the receivers with the new software would see each other, but not the receivers on 'last weeks ce', and the receivers on last weeks ce could see each other, but not the ones on the new ce.

So it seems they changed some protocols or how mrv cooperates from last weeks release to this one. Maybe they screwed up the HR-21 <-> H23 interoperability.

I doubt reverting to the NR and reapplying would help much. I'd try shutting down the receivers (menu reset, then pull the plug), turn off all your network gear from the cable modem on down, turn on the cable/dsl modem, then your router, then any switches, then any other gear, wait a few minutes, then power on the directv boxes. See if that helps.

Is your network hardwired, wireless or powerline?

Seems a number of people are having the 'unable to connect to media' errors with this weeks CE. Not everyone. Also seems like a bunch of rebooting solves it either partially or fully.

I've found that i'm able to solve many MRV issues by disconnecting the network cables from the back of the receiver and then plugging them all back in. Seems to reset the interface and force the receiver to reconnect to the others.

MRV is working for me so far, although when I tell it to play its taking a good 4-5 seconds to get started and gives me a gray PIP while its thinking it over.

New feature is adding more to the 'info' screen, including actor searches 'similar shows' and some other stuff. Only works on locally recorded shows, not mrv merged playlist shows.
Thanks... some caps of the above...

Attachments

• v.374.jpg
    v.374.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 300
  • v.374a.jpg
    v.374a.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 277
  • v.374b.jpg
    v.374b.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 307
  • v.374c.jpg
    v.374c.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 276
  • v.374d.jpg
    v.374d.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 260
  • v.374e.png
    v.374e.png
    358 KB · Views: 297
  • v.374f.jpg
    v.374f.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 284
  • v.374g.jpg
    v.374g.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 278
  • v.374h.jpg
    v.374h.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 270
  • v.374i.jpg
    v.374i.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 259
  • v.374j.jpg
    v.374j.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 269
cfb,

Thanks that worked. I plugged the HR21 up first and let it boot up and then the H23. MRV is working again. Network is wireless on separate 5ghz band.

Glad that worked. I've had MRV hose up on me a few times and systematically rebooting everything from the top down usually resolves it.

Of course, running the two receivers with just a wire between them worked much better. But the wife wanted her directv2pc back.

Not sure what or where the persistent issue is within the network that screws up mrv even through a receiver reboot, but theres something that pops up.

MRV problems

Just came back to the CE after a brief stint with Comcast. I have and HR23-700 and an R22(with HD) 100 receivers. I downloaded the 0x374 software to both receivers last night. Did the bringmrvback, mrvclienton, pokeeyenow, iamanedgecutter, to both receivers. When the receivers rebooted after down load i was able to view the r22 by pressing the list button on the hr23, but it would not play due to connecting issues. this morning I turm off modem, router, computers, dtv receivers with complete shutdown(unplugged from ac). Then turned on modem, router, computers, then each receiver. I have internet and network connections on both boxes, have downloaded a VOD on each receceiver but still can't get MRV to work. I am using cat 5 from a wired dlink router to the HR23 and then a short cable from the HR23 to the R22. Any ideas?

Plug a wire from the HR23 directly to the R22, nothing else in the middle. Reboot both.

Wait at least 15 minutes, 30 wouldnt be too long.

If you have MRV at that point, its something in your network. If you dont, then perhaps its the weird MRV bug thats hosing up some people.

I've found that unlike before this release, theres a gray screen pause before the show starts when using mrv. The longer the show, the longer the delay. Spooled up a 3 hour movie tonight and it took a good 5-6 seconds before the show came up. 30 minute shows are 1-2 seconds.

Interesting. Not sure if its just an aberration, poor observation skills (a common problem) or they're doing some sort of pre-processing to determine replay/30 second skip's or buffering or ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)