HR2x / R22 Software Release 8/22 v.034C (Addition of Double-Play & More)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I'm was just saying,... if your not happy with the operations of the HR2xs maybe the new HD DirecTivo in 2010?

Probably not. I'm sure they'll want $200+ for each new one and at least $8 a month for the dvr fee, plus a new 2 year commitment. And then it'll probably take a year to work out the bugs.

Its a lot easier to buy a couple of tivo hd's for $199 each, get a discounted lifetime service for $299 a box, and stick a comcast cable in the back.

While it certainly has its drawbacks, I can run those boxes for 5+ years and then sell them on ebay for $300-400.

I just got the 034C update last night on my HR21-700.

It is a very little faster at going to the guide, but guide scrolling is still painfully slow. Going to the 'list' of recordings is still slow as is scrolling through it as well. Remote response is still crap.

The bright side is DLB. Even if implemented in an odd way, it does work and seems to work well. But then doing things oddly is nothing new for Direct, is it? I mean, it started with an HDDVR with 4 tuners but only 2 available to record on at any given time, and OTA 'scanning' being pretty much non-existent.

I had to do a force download on Monday morning and I finally got the 034c, have to admit, double play takes me back to my tivo days...

One thing I love about this new software: It automatically prompts me to extend the recording time for sports events that might go over the allotted time! It's so nice not have to go through several menus to do this for every game I record.

One thing I love about this new software: It automatically prompts me to extend the recording time for sports events that might go over the allotted time! It's so nice not have to go through several menus to do this for every game I record.
This is a nice feature, but will it also extend the shows following the sports that also get pushed out.?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)