HR34-700 Services Ports?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cmcnabb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 19, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Two years ago I switched from Dish to Comcast. Now I'm back on SAT TV (Directv this time). I notice that the HR34-700 has a "services" setup page, without much info on what those services are. So, first question... What are these services? Second.... Do I need to open firewall ports to/from somewhere for them to be usable, and if so which ports?

Two years ago I switched from Dish to Comcast. Now I'm back on SAT TV (Directv this time). I notice that the HR34-700 has a "services" setup page, without much info on what those services are. So, first question... What are these services? Second.... Do I need to open firewall ports to/from somewhere for them to be usable, and if so which ports?

I have the same question. I can tell you that before I forwarded any ports on my router to the HR34's ports I was able to successfully start and connect network services. Then it quit working, I set the configuration up manually (I defined the ports, and ip address), set the ip address to be static on my router, and forwarded the two ports to it. Now it is really hit or miss. Some days network services will not start, others it will, but not connect. It is basically totally random. I am still waiting for Pandora, and I have always wondered if this is needed in order to get it (for the audio services port).

Anyway, all I can say, is I have configured my router to forward the ports to my HR34 (and 3 H25's on different ports) and I have no difference in functionality or the ability to start the network services.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Pandora is not yet available on the HR34.....

I noticed all of my receivers have an entry in upnp page on my router. I didn't do anything special for their setup. I know the ports take a bit to populate on the system info page.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)