Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well I stumbled upon this while setting up timers yesterday on the HR34

I have a series that is on Saturday night and late Sunday night/Monday morning on the local CW station (Ring of Honor Wrestling). The guide info doesnt say a date and just shows "2012" which is fine (its always done that) so the DVR records both shows (Saturday 9-10PM and replay Monday from 1:05-2:05AM). No biggie as I always removed the Monday episode.

I went in and deleted it (said delete episode)....about 15 minutes later it shows back up in the list

Anybody else seen that glitch?

You know I'm not sure if this is strictly the 34 or not. I set up the prerace stuff (via my iPhone because I forgot to set it before I left) for the shoot out at Daytona and when me and the wifey got home I watched and deleted it. 20 minutes later she yells for me and says she can't watch anything on the HR24 in the bedroom and when I go back to look it says too many things are being watched from that receiver so I pull up the list and there it is AFTER I deleted it once already.

Edit: and yes, that was the only receiver I had set to record it. It's my "default" receiver since nothing in that room really gets recorded anyways so I never worry about conflicts

I never had an issue on the R22 with it. I always deleted the 2nd showing and it didnt record

I guess I'm so use to 2 tuners and multiple programs clashing so this whole 5 tuner thing I have to get use to ;)

Just odd, wonder of something is in the CE? I haven't seen any issues except all "my directv" stuff is black and nothing like YouTube or pandora will pull up in that room

I'll be joining you soon my friend! I called ISS this morning, getting the 34 on the 1st. That will give me 2 HR24's, an HR22, and an HR34. That's ALOT of space :D

Well I stumbled upon this while setting up timers yesterday on the HR34

I have a series that is on Saturday night and late Sunday night/Monday morning on the local CW station (Ring of Honor Wrestling). The guide info doesnt say a date and just shows "2012" which is fine (its always done that) so the DVR records both shows (Saturday 9-10PM and replay Monday from 1:05-2:05AM). No biggie as I always removed the Monday episode.

I went in and deleted it (said delete episode)....about 15 minutes later it shows back up in the list

Anybody else seen that glitch?

So far no on my HR34 ice and I taped Ring of Honor last night and the repeat didnt show up :) Ice you may have to go into series options and change from both to first run i had too :)

Last edited:
hmmmmmmm might have to try that
I did try and remove the replay again and 10 minutes later it showed back up

I had this issue with my HR34. I noticed that over time my recordings worked out. I don't recall if the CE has resolved this since I haven't been on the NR in a long time.

yes
My defaults are "first run", all episodes keep, 1min before/after but I do have some shows set to "all"

But this program doesnt give you a date. It just says "2012" so the DVR thinks both are new.

Thats a Programming and Tribune issue.

Not necessarily. Because its shown only on a few stations across the country it doesnt give a date. I have 3 shows (2 other locally produced shows) that do the same thing.

While playing around with the Manage Recordings, I went to the Default section and have mine all set to "First Run" and thats fine, but I'm finding that I have the Defaults and the programs set to Keep 5 Recordings , but it doesn't, it keeps as many as I have on there.

Not sure how long thats been happening, not a BIG problem, but a curious one.

Not necessarily. Because its shown only on a few stations across the country it doesnt give a date. I have 3 shows (2 other locally produced shows) that do the same thing.

But the people that produce the show are initially responsible for the correct info being sent to the Tribune, if they chose not to send the info, then there nothing that can be done about it.

But the people that produce the show are initially responsible for the correct info being sent to the Tribune, if they chose not to send the info, then there nothing that can be done about it.

What info does the dvr look for to consider it a "first run". I am having a problem of recording 2 & 3 year old "Burn Notice" episodes off of cloo. Not all of them record but some do. The first runs are only on USA.

Looking at the 3 programs I have they are all the same guide wise

They say
1 Hr
(channel)
(type of program)

there is no date code on it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)