HR34 and Slingbox Pro-HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mobimop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Southwest
Has anyone installed the Slingbox Pro on their HR34? I was thinking of picking one up tonight, it looks like I have to connect to the component out ports on the HR34 to the Slingbox? Does that seem correct?

Any advice or setup suggestions is very appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike

If I were you I would get a C31 RVU client box. Then you could have complete control of one Tuner from the HR-34 without disturbing anybody watching the TV connected to the HR34.

John

Has anyone installed the Slingbox Pro on their HR34? I was thinking of picking one up tonight, it looks like I have to connect to the component out ports on the HR34 to the Slingbox? Does that seem correct?

Any advice or setup suggestions is very appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike

Well this was extremely easy as I got it to work on the first try!

Best,

Mike

I think john meant get a c31 and dedicate it to a slingbox hd. Assuming that correct, does d* charge monthly for the c31, i would assume so, i know they are free installed online.

They are $6/month like any extra receiver/dvr/rvu client.

I would agree about getting a C31 or H25 that would be dedicated to the Slingbox. I have done that, and it's fantastic because it doesn't interfere with anyone viewing the HR34, and I can still access anything from the HR34, or live as well.

I think john meant get a c31 and dedicate it to a slingbox hd. Assuming that correct, does d* charge monthly for the c31, i would assume so, i know they are free installed online.

That is exactly the point I was trying to make. Using a C31 with a Slingbox the end user in the remote location would be able to control the C31 and still leave ability to use the HR34 at the home TV.

John

Off-topic but I have an older Slingbox that I sometimes use to mirror what honey is watching in the other room on my PC. I am now getting the switch to SD message. Are the NEW ones HDCP compliant and do away with the message.

Bummer is I have an HR100 hooked to my PC and an H24 hooked to a TV in my den with DECA but they will not MIRROR my HR24 recorded programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts