HR34 & C31 issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mreyeball

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
USA
I'm new to the forums, so forgive me if this isn't the correct place to ask this. I got an HR34 and C31 about a week ago, and have so far found three issues:

A) The "Shows you might like" feature doesn't seem to be working. I'm getting the "check back in 1 hour" message, which I expected for a day or two, but it's been over a week. Is the DVR still "learning" what I like?

B) I can't delete recordings from the C31. The menu has an option for deleting, just like on the DVR, so I assume the capability exists...I just can't get it to work. I get a message that says I can only delete from the main DVR location.

C) Less bothersome, but the other day when my wife was watching a recording on the C31 and I was watching a recording downstairs, I experienced a black screen and no sound for about a half second every 30 seconds or so. Is this an issue with taxing the HR34 by watching two recordings? I don't think the C31 experienced the "blackouts", but I think it did become slow to respond during that time.

Anyone have suggestions about any of these?

Thanks!

Shows you may like is a new feature and still buggy.

Check on the HR34 if the option to delete shows is enabled in the "whole home" setup menu.

WELCOME to Satelliteguys!

You can't delete programs from the C31s unless you have "whole home". To add to the problem, the CSRs don't seem to be able to activate whole home if you don't have another DVR. This only seems to affect existing customers, new customers seem to be OK.

These are both bugs, DirecTV knows about them.

my install with the Genie and one client is just over a week old........... no problems so far, knock wood.!!!

tell us how your first problem goes tomorrow ;)

I was one week with perfect HR34/C31 before the issues started. First was turn on C31 get black screen and have to reboot things. good thing there was posts on the directv forums to clue me in that I was not the only one and what I had to do to try to get things working again.

new issue today is DVR recording playback freezes every 30 secs - I seem to have tied that down to internet features (both dvr playback issues came after the youtube feature was used to watch videos before going back to watching dvr programs). Just have to turn off C31 and back on to fix that one but it's annoying you seemingly can't do some of the internet-based "extras" and dvr playback in the same c31 session without repowering the C31.

I have one HR34 with 2 C31 clients, and it seems like everyday it is one client or the other with the black screen problem. That is my biggest complaint so far since

still waiting for a firmware update!white screen,black screen ,audio dropouts,still like it better then dish though.

still waiting for a firmware update!white screen,black screen ,audio dropouts,still like it better then dish though.

Disconnect your system from the home network (router) and reset everything. Post back if you still get white\black screens and other issues.

Disconnect your system from the home network (router) and reset everything. Post back if you still get white\black screens and other issues.

i had genie installed oct 15,installers first time installing a genie and clients anyway ive disconnected and connected everything twice a day for about a month now,its definately better now then it was the month of october,the main things im getting still are audio dropouts and white screen on clients and when you pause a show and then start it again you get no audio for about the first seven seconds as its playing again,now i just reset it twice a day if it needs it or not.i love it though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts