h25 vs. c31

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rgregj

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
I switched to DirectTV a month before the GENIE offer came out in October. I currently have an HR34 and two H25's. My Cinema Connection Kit is connected to the H25 because it is the closest to my wireless router. If I wanted to switch the H25 with a C31, could the cinema connection kit still connect to the c31?

Thanks,

I switched to DirectTV a month before the GENIE offer came out in October. I currently have an HR34 and two H25's. My Cinema Connection Kit is connected to the H25 because it is the closest to my wireless router. If I wanted to switch the H25 with a C31, could the cinema connection kit still connect to the c31?
Thanks,
First, the H25 doesn't need to be connect to any router, don't know why yours is. The HR 34 doesn't need a direct connection either.

Your DECA Broadband adapter should be the only thing connected to your Router, and then coax form the Deca BB adapter just goes back to your swim system, which makes your Internet through Coax.

So to get back to your question, No internet connection needed on anything other the HR34. And again thats done From DECa equipment into SWiM . Swim is required for HR34 and H25.

This is the only thing that should be connected to your Router.
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=decabb1r0&d=directv-cinema-connection-kit-(decabb1r0)

Then from the above coax should run to this.
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...-Compatible-Splitter-(2-2150-MHz)&c=Satellite Splitters&sku=185463000832

The above is connected to this
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...nel)-(SWM16)&c=Multiswitches&sku=874409002480

Your TV's are fed from the SWS4 Splitter/splitters, to your TV's. And thats it.

Last edited:
I. Had not looked at the connection between the cinema connection kit and the h25. As pointed out here, it is coax. So that means I could do the same thing with the c31. I sent the thread from work so my apologies in not reviewing the equipment setup first.

Thanks,

Nothing will Change, you will only have a Coax going to your Genie Client.
Also note that H25 has a tuner, C31 doesn't.

C31 is going to be using 1 Tuner all the time off the HR34 when in use. 2 if you want to record and watch live TV.

H25 only uses tuners off the HR34 when a recording is set.

So to break it down

HR34 and 2 C31 You can only record 2 show while watching LIVE in all 3 rooms. But they will be fully functional DVRs, Pause and rewind Live TV, and set On Demand recording from the C31s.

HR34 and 2 H25, you can record 4 shows and watch LIVE tv at the same time in all 3 rooms,, But as you know H25's can't access ON Demand, only the HR34 can set to record On Demand, then the H25's can access it.
And you can't Pause or Rewind Live tv, Unless you are recording it.

Thanks for the breakdown. I am weighing my options. I would like the ability to pause live tv everywhere and I think using the one of the tuners from the hr34 will not be a detriment.

Thanks again,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)