HR34 CE Release 4/20

Been using on HR34 since friday night. Have noticed the channel banner disappears faster which to me is great. No problems here so far.

slightly better but some of the issues reported in the last 5 or 6 releases are still there for many.

The guide is still getting "jumbled" at times. Other than that. It appears to be working. Bring on the youtube and pandora!

JEFFinINDY..... I have been waiting to get D* with HR34 until I see I will not hate it. I am an engineer and expect things to work. Yours is the only comment on the latest CE that tells me Not Yet. I suspect you are right. Is there a list of known issues through this CE or earlier? Would you reply with what you know? Thanks.

JEFFinINDY..... I have been waiting to get D* with HR34 until I see I will not hate it. I am an engineer and expect things to work. Yours is the only comment on the latest CE that tells me Not Yet. I suspect you are right. Is there a list of known issues through this CE or earlier? Would you reply with what you know? Thanks.

Geek to geek then... using the HR34 is like going back and watching the 1st season of Star Trek TNG... its just painful, especially when you know how much better it can, and eventually will get. :D

zim2dive said:
Geek to geek then... using the HR34 is like going back and watching the 1st season of Star Trek TNG... its just painful, especially when you know how much better it can, and eventually will get. :D

Good analogy :)

5 tuners is great though and the dvr is reliable. I have never lost a recording unlike Dish DVRs.

The response to the remote is just so laggy. And a 3 hour guide should be part of any "HD" UI.

the HR34 is a great unit but the software does have issues as Jeff pointed out. i was well aware what i was getting into before i got the HR34 and that there would be growing pains.but i was and am willing to go through it. after reading your post i think you should wait until the software is more polished.

the HR34 is a great unit but the software does have issues as Jeff pointed out. i was well aware what i was getting into before i got the HR34 and that there would be growing pains.but i was and am willing to go through it. after reading your post i think you should wait until the software is more polished.

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on the HR34. After your good posts people ill hold off. Thanks Rey!
My three hr24 will hold me off until the HR34 are up to speed.
My HR24 are not as sluggish these days.

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on the HR34. After your good posts people ill hold off. Thanks Rey!
My three hr24 will hold me off until the HR34 are up to speed.
My HR24 are not as sluggish these days.

true. My HR24 is doing pretty good. still works the best out of every other DVR D* has. gives me hope that they'll get things right with the 34.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)