HR34 CE Release 7/13

Hey guys...so far so good and GREAT NEWS! Since updating on Friday night I have not had to reboot ONE TIME! Tonight will be an 8 show recording marathon so we'll see how it does but this is the first time since having this DVR installed that it's gone more than a day without a reboot or lockup. It's working great!

Signed up to Directv approx 4 months ago. We were missing youtube and pandora since day one. I have been following this forum for awhile and finally updated using this latest CE (0x578) last night. Haven't tried deleting recordings from other rooms, however, response in the bedrooms does appear to be faster. Fast forward, skip forward seem to respond without delay, like at the HR34 (previously you would try to skip forward and it would be choppy and take a long time). So we are happy about that.

Today, while watching a recording at the HR34, the Directv screen saver (bouncing Directv logo) came on. It has down this several times. It goes away with a simple click of any button. Anyone else have this problem? The recording was 1 hr long and we were using the remote to skip commercials. I will see if it happens again and try to post more details. Has not happened while watching live tv.

HR34-700

Make sure you do the IAMANEDGECUTTER search. This worked for me along with a reboot before heading to sleep. Everything was populated the next morning. This new software is working much better on my receiver.

I think he's done that, but maybe not.

D-Eddy
Have you had the Pandora on your recvr already previously ?

If not, yes, you'll want to do the IAMANEDGECUTTER search.

Still working great this morning. No added quirks like with the previous CE. (i.e. random screensaver)
I did notice one thing which might be fixed with a reboot of either or both DVR's (I have an HR21 in the bedroom in addition to the HR34 in the family room) and that is I can't seem to delete recordings off one DVR from the other. In the case of the HR34 when I try to delete a recording on the HR21, it tells me the HR21 is no longer on the network. No big deal, I can just delete the recordings from their respective DVR. That is a small tradeoff for better stability and responsiveness. OTOH, I also went ahead, right before I updated the CE this week, and changed the remote control method to RF instead of IR at the suggestion of others who thought IR interference could be an issue. Either way, the HR34 is running MUCH better at least for now. No reboot since Friday night which is unprecedented.

After downloading the CE, I noticed I can no longer delete shows from my DVR from my H25 receiver. It comes back as refreshing playlist, and then disconnects from playlist. I can access the playlist and watch shows from it with no problem. Deletion is also on in my whole home settings on HR34 so that is not it.

I have two H25's, one with latest CE release, and one with the National Release to see if that would solve it but neither worked so it has to be the CE release from the HR34.

Anyone else having this issue?
Yes I am....cannot delete anything that wasn't recorded on the 34. I'm beginning to feel the 34 is getting a bit worse as time goes on. Very sluggish, guide screw-ups, etc. I talked a neighbor into getting a 34 (he got it for free) and he complained to me Sunday about how slow it is compared to his HR24.

Yes I am....cannot delete anything that wasn't recorded on the 34. I'm beginning to feel the 34 is getting a bit worse as time goes on. Very sluggish, guide screw-ups, etc. I talked a neighbor into getting a 34 (he got it for free) and he complained to me Sunday about how slow it is compared to his HR24.

I agree, seems a little more sluggish and lots of little glitches with the guide and transitioning between different menus on this CE release.

Don't get me wrong I love my HR34 tho and can only hope DTV brings out all of the possibilities for this box.

Also for everyone who wants to stream show or movies from your computer without ANY problems using the music and photo sharing on the HR34 then download PlayOn. (after trying ps3media server, and tversity with problems, Playon works flawless)

I'm very bummed about this weeks CE release on HR34 and H25. I just reverted to NR on both due to sluggishness and the delete recordings issue on remote receivers. The HR34 software has become progressively worse with each release. Is the current NR the HD guide? I havent been on the NR for months.

I'm very bummed about this weeks CE release on HR34 and H25. I just reverted to NR on both due to sluggishness and the delete recordings issue on remote receivers. The HR34 software has become progressively worse with each release. Is the current NR the HD guide? I havent been on the NR for months.
Yes it has the hd guide

Wow, after being on the NR for a few days.. I really miss the CE. The NR is very lagged and buggy. The MRV stability is horrible. I can't believe people are putting up with this. If I didn't know about the CE release I'd be furious right now. I can't wait until Friday night! :)

Wow, after being on the NR for a few days.. I really miss the CE. The NR is very lagged and buggy. The MRV stability is horrible. I can't believe people are putting up with this. If I didn't know about the CE release I'd be furious right now. I can't wait until Friday night! :)
Even on the CE I get some long lag when going to the guide. at times I get a blank screen for a good 5-6 seconds. Next time I'll try to take a pic so you guys see what I mean.

Unbelievable that the 34 is their "flagship" receiver. I'm seriously contemplating switching over to Dish due the progressively lousy performance of the box. I'm tired of having to reset it once a week or more in order to see the other HR-24's, tired of not being able to delete anything recorded on another box, tired of the sluggish behavior of the 34, tired of the guide screw-ups. I was going to revert back to the NR until I saw how bad my neighbor's 34 is on the NR (plus the comments Gigahurtz made above). Even my wife and son are starting to comment on how slow the 34 is.

Better watch it Husker, getting too negative might get you some flack. I had nightmarish problems with mine too until this last CE but I also changed the remote to RF instead of IR so it could have been IR interference. I just started seeing the random screensaver popup (even while watching something) that the last CE had. The speed and stability on this CE seem to be a big improvement so for now I'm happy except for the screensaver issue. I have posted numerous rants and even called it the "flagship" so it sounds like we're having similar experiences. I can't believe they released this DVR to the public with as flaky as it still is sometimes. Good luck, I hope it improves for you.

I'm hoping it gets better too and I'm sure it will but man, it is a polished turd right now. I played with the hopper at a dealer and that machine is nice and quick. And the pip is actually user friendly. But I'll download the next CE. Maybe that will fix the issues.

I hope my "negativity" doesn't get me booted. Now if I was on the other site.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)