Hr34 Cost and Availability

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n5tc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
I am confused. I have read that the HR34 costs $399 and that to customers there will be a $200 rebate. Also, I read that it is available now. Directv told me yesterday that they would not have it available in my area until some time in February and that I would have to pay the full cost.

I am confused. I have read that the HR34 costs $399 and that to customers there will be a $200 rebate. Also, I read that it is available now. Directv told me yesterday that they would not have it available in my area until some time in February and that I would have to pay the full cost.

Well, as with most new equipment, it gets distributed slowly, not to all areas at one time.

You may find that when it is available to you, they will have the $200 rebate.

IF you want it now, you can order it online from one of the online vendors Solid Signal, Dishstore, ect.

IF your gonna do that I would contact D* ahead of time and see if they will credit you the rebate.

I would say the rebate is for NEW customers.

Currently, a new customer can get it for $99 (I did), or you can get it from a place like Solid Signal for $399. No idea what the future holds.

New customers can get the HR34 right now on a install
Current customers have to buy from places like Solid Signal. DIrectv isnt selling them to current subs yet

FYI - the $99 deal applies to "returning" customers as well. I was a returning customer and I got the $99 deal on the HR-34.

I work for mastec in ct an installed 2 of them last week, i was told by the costomers they paid 399 for them

I think Direct and Dish both could take a page from the Cell phone providers play book here. In the earlier days of cell phones you could not get a new phone every two years. Churn "the leaving of subscribers to another company was very high" Then one of the provider started a "New every Two" Ad campaign where when your contract was up you could then get the same deal on a new phone as a new customer. They are all this way now.
Why doesn't Direct and Dish do this. IF your provider comes out with a receiver that provides new features you want and you are out of contract and in some case have been out of contract for years, why should you as a proven loyal profitable customer have to pay more than a new customer to get the new equipment and features if you ask for it?

I'm a directv tech and have to wait until march...so stop complaining!hehe.Ive installed 3 so far and all have been for new customers.They paid $300 deposit,as for an upgrade?I have yet to see one,either to high of a price or (most likely)they are holding out on existing customers.

$300 rebate for new. The only $200 rebate I read about was a existing customer doing a move.

Yeah the rebates for the $99 w/rebate is for the new customers. I ordered one today, well actually I finally got around to ordering my vendor account for my free DirecTV service, I was surprised when I was offered the HR34 for free, I had to jump on it.

I'm a directv tech and have to wait until march...so stop complaining!hehe.Ive installed 3 so far and all have been for new customers.They paid $300 deposit,as for an upgrade?I have yet to see one,either to high of a price or (most likely)they are holding out on existing customers.

What ?

Ive installed 3 so far

I have yet to see one

^ He may be referring to the free once a year advanced equipment upgrade . Which would make sense as when I checked upgrades for cust's I don't think I've seen the HR34 listed for too many, just the standard HDDVR, the THR22 and of course the MRV upgrade option.

I was surprised when our vendor account manager offered it to me last night as I didn't think it was available in my area.

I'm interested in getting the HR34 but I'm not interested in hooking it up to the home network. Would Directv allow me to have one?

I'm an existing customer who ordered an HR34 more than a month ago from Solid Signal and am FINALLY at the top of the list and was told today to expect it next week...But I would LOVE a $300 rebate, Hell yeah! How does a person go about getting one of those?

joehandy2 said:
I'm an existing customer who ordered an HR34 more than a month ago from Solid Signal and am FINALLY at the top of the list and was told today to expect it next week...But I would LOVE a $300 rebate, Hell yeah! How does a person go about getting one of those?

You don't. Only new subs or returning subs. Existing is like all the other, no freebies :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts