HR34 freezing on playback of DVR material? (ok after reset)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zim2dive

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Cary, NC
We've had to reset our HR34 ~5 times over the past few weeks.

Symptom is that live TV is fine. And we just watched DVR material on a H25 last night in another room. But when I try to play back material on the HR34 this morning, the program comes up.. might move for a second.. no audio, then freezes.. I can skip ahead to another second of movement, followed by a freeze.

Do a reset, and all is good.

WTF?

I thought I might be able to correlate it to happening after ending a Pandora session.. but we shut off Pandora ~7, and watched DVR material after that (on the H25).

Had to do the reset at least 5 times over the past 3-4 weeks.

I don't really want to send the DVR back in (and lose the stored material).

Anyone else seeing similar issues?

i keep getting the same thing. sorry but i really don't have any advise since up to now all i'm doing is red button resets. i need to try and see if D* will swap this thing for a 44.

Must be the stealth firmware update to get us all to upgrade to a 44 and re-commit for 2 more years :)

Seriously tho.. I'm not at home to check.. did we get a firmware update any time recently for the 34? (I am NOT doing the CE's, I'm just on the NR) I don't see any threads to indicate there was a recent NR that we are victims of.

EDIT: this thread makes it sound like there might be a new build on the loose: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/311140-My-HR34-just-rebooted-weird-time-to-reboot?highlight=hr34 .. which would coincide with around the time I started seeing this.. will have to check firmware version when I get home.

i'll check the firmware version on my 34 when i get home this evening.

I got the 6BE build from May 14th... yep.. roughly the time the problems started... guess they let a big bug slip in to the NR... :( Hopefully that same bug can be fixed with a new NR....

i keep getting the same thing. sorry but i really don't have any advise since up to now all i'm doing is red button resets. i need to try and see if D* will swap this thing for a 44.

Keep complaining, eventually they swapped my 2 months old HR34/C31 for an HR44/C41. The 34/31 is a POS, the 44/41 is still not perfect but much better and it has the potential with some software updates to be perfect. For now after switching from Dish I just love the 5 tuners.

Keep complaining, eventually they swapped my 2 months old HR34/C31 for an HR44/C41. The 34/31 is a POS, the 44/41 is still not perfect but much better and it has the potential with some software updates to be perfect. For now after switching from Dish I just love the 5 tuners.

Definitely think I'll try again. I'm under contract till the end of the year so got time to try this quite a few times.

but do you restart a 2-year commitment when they do this? And I really didn't want to lose the backlog of movies we haven't watched yet.

Mine seems to be getting worse... Live trickplay freezes, and I think I've seen plain old Live TV freeze twice this weekend (changing channels un-sticks it).. Looks like this HDD is heading down the tubes.. :(

Definitely think I'll try again. I'm under contract till the end of the year so got time to try this quite a few times.
Try the retention dept agents with the cancel cancel prompt because we all know that regular CSR's won't work their magic unless you're special or out of commitment if your lucky, I did and I was still on commitment till next year.

Odd.. my wife was watching something from the DVR upstairs (on an H25).. I tried to watch a DVR item on the HR34.. insta-freeze.

I walked upstairs to our other H25 and was able to watch it.

How does that make any sense?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts