Status
Please reply by conversation.

silversurfer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Las Vegas, Nevada
My HR34 has been working great up until the latest software release (583). Now when I attempt to watch a show on another DVR via MRV it freezes. I don't get any please wait message or anything it just freezes on the recorded list. To fix this I do a reset by pushing the little red button. After a reset it will work and will continue to work until the next day. Not sure how long the window works but by the next evening when I am ready to watch TV again I have to repeat the process with a reset. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is this a software issue or is there something wrong with my HR34? Thanks in advance!

Same problem here - This has been going on for over a month for me. I had to reset the box 3 times yesterday alone.
When I went to change the channels it would go black and not show anything at all. When I go into the guide it bring up
the blue screen, but there is nothing showing and I can't clear it except to reset the box. It also says that I can't watch
a show because it says I am not authorized and I need to change my audio/video connections. I am using an HDMI not the
red, white and yellow adapters.

When I reset the hr34 it starts out as pink in color.

This crap is getting old....

Same problem here - This has been going on for over a month for me. I had to reset the box 3 times yesterday alone.
When I went to change the channels it would go black and not show anything at all. When I go into the guide it bring up
the blue screen, but there is nothing showing and I can't clear it except to reset the box. It also says that I can't watch
a show because it says I am not authorized and I need to change my audio/video connections. I am using an HDMI not the
red, white and yellow adapters.

When I reset the hr34 it starts out as pink in color.

This crap is getting old....

I don't have all those issues. My HR34 works fine until I attempt to watch a recording that is on one of my HR21s then it just freezes. The video still plays in the upper left hand corner of the screen but it accepts no commands until I reset it. Mine also comes up in a pink color when it first starts up.

I don't have all those issues. My HR34 works fine until I attempt to watch a recording that is on one of my HR21s then it just freezes. The video still plays in the upper left hand corner of the screen but it accepts no commands until I reset it. Mine also comes up in a pink color when it first starts up.

I also have that problem... I've called Tech Support and they don't have a clue what it could be..

How do I join the CE?

It's easy! Check the CE forum late on Friday night to see if there is a new software download for that weekend. There almost always is. It's from 11PM to 2:30AM ET. Check the forum for how to force the new software download. It's also easy. If you have issues, make sure to post them in the forum. Don't ever call Directv about any problems you may have. That's the quick version of it.

I'm not having a problem with 583 freezing, so much as a constant battle with it getting "stuck". It will hang on about a 5 sec section and just keep jumping back/forth. picture is all pixelated and audio is garbled. The solution while watching live is to slowly change channels a couple times. Of course this will not work when I pause so I can go do something else (and give me commercial skip room) It also seems to happen for the first 15-30 seconds of some recordings. I swear it is attempting to play a 5-10 second cache all at once .

2012-09-25 19.35.32.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)