HR34/HR44 CE Release 6/13

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE

HR34-700 Genie
HR44-200/500/700 Genie

Window of opportunity to download:

Friday June 13, 2014 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday June 14, 2014 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download:
Low Risk

New features
  • Removed Hours on playlist, returned to percentage
Improved/Updated
  • Under the Hood
  • Stability
Notes
  • PLEASE MAKE SURE TO REPORT ALL ISSUES WITH THIS RELEASE
  • You may lose your guide cache
  • Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
  • Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
  • Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours
  • Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues. When possible please use REPORT ALL.

I like hours much better than percentage ... I don't think I'll download this one. I hope they revert this back to hours next time.

I do not understand why anyone would want hours - how it can know what you're going to record? HD, SD, and OTA recordings of the same program are all different sized files. It can know how much (%) of the space is left - but it can't know what you're going to fill it with.

Since there were no notes last week, did they add back the HDMI CEC?

I guess to each their own then .. maybe it should be an option. Hours at least gives me an idea (and I don't have OTA, and cant remember the last thing I recorded in SD)... percentage doesn't help me much at all..

I do not understand why anyone would want hours - how it can know what you're going to record? HD, SD, and OTA recordings of the same program are all different sized files. It can know how much (%) of the space is left - but it can't know what you're going to fill it with.
This is what I was saying earlier when the Hours thing was first implemented in the software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts