HR34 installer coming this Sat..any suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bshef

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Our new hr34 and the whole house system is scheduled to be installed this coming Saturday.
Anything you guys suggest that I need to ask of the installer...?
AND...
is there anyway we can save or get our recordings from the old boxes onto the new HR34?

Thanks

Make sure he sets you up with a wireless connection kit so you get OnDemand.

Also make sure he does a good job on the wiring. If you have older rg59 make sure he uses RG6.

There is no way to move the recordings you have to the new box. That is because D* locks the HD to the receiver it is used with and not to the account.

You can copy the recordings to a dvd recorder, but you have to do it in real time.

You can copy the recordings to a dvd recorder, but you have to do it in real time.
ugh....!
well....Thanks for the letting me know about the recording options. Nothing like starting fresh.

OSD771...I'll look up the 2 different cables you mentioned to educate myself and then hope I get a cooperative installer that's accommodating.

Rg59 in very thin coaxial cable. It doesn't carry the higher frequencies that you NEED for a SWM MRV set up.

RG6 is a thicker coaxial cable that can carry higher frequencies. Up to 1-3ghz.

Also- if you have wall plates, check what color the barrel connection is. It should be blue. This also has to do with high frequencies.

Make sure he grounds the satellite. This will protect equipment connected, in case of lightning

OSD771 said:
Rg59 in very thin coaxial cable. It doesn't carry the higher frequencies that you NEED for a SWM MRV set up.

RG6 is a thicker coaxial cable that can carry higher frequencies. Up to 1-3ghz.

Also- if you have wall plates, check what color the barrel connection is. It should be blue. This also has to do with high frequencies.

Make sure he grounds the satellite. This will protect equipment connected, in case of lightning

Or orange. They're using 2 colors now, blue and orange

Ask him a few questions and if he doesn't sound confident, request another tech.
Great Suggestions....Thank you very much!
I'll try and get a follow up posted with my experience tomorrow!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts