HR34 question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bryan Pogorzelski

Original poster
hi I apologize if this has been repeated. I look around the internet and have found a few things that touched on this but I'm still not sure

I have an hr34 with whole home DVR on my main theater room. The bedroom has the hr24. It's (the hr34) currently Hooked up with the wireless cinema kit. At the time of installation I was unable to get ethernet ran over to the hr34. I'm going to be installing cat6 through out my home and will be able to now hardwire my hr34. I read that this is able to function as the cinema connection kit? What are thee steps I would need to do to eliminate the wireless kit from it? The other DVR is connected whole home through coax. I'm excited to hardwire this and am hoping it can be done without a tech and other parts/adapters

Thank you for any advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

unscrew coax on back of receiver were it is coming from the wireless cck, the other coax on the wireless cck which should be labeled "to(ward) LNB" unscrew and put it on the coax connection (sat in) on receiver. Hard wire the ethernet cable an you should be good to go. Dont know if it is just how i took it/ read it, or you plan on hard wiring the hr24 with an ethernet also, ( although it will technically work being both is connected via ethernet ) dont as it is unnecessary. Changing the internet connection style may require you to restore defaults in network connections and a reset on your receivers.

unscrew coax on back of receiver were it is coming from the wireless cck, the other coax on the wireless cck which should be labeled "to(ward) LNB" unscrew and put it on the coax connection (sat in) on receiver. Hard wire the ethernet cable an you should be good to go. Dont know if it is just how i took it/ read it, or you plan on hard wiring the hr24 with an ethernet also, ( although it will technically work being both is connected via ethernet ) dont as it is unnecessary. Changing the internet connection style may require you to restore defaults in network connections and a reset on your receivers.

No. I can't hard wore the hr 24. I assume everything should work cause it's wired through coax for whole home?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our HR34 is hardwired downstairs, and the H25 is only connected via coax upstairs. No CCK, everything works perfectly.

I can't say for absolute certainty on the HR34 but, if they function the same as the HR24's you should not hard wire the LAN cable to the receiver.

By directly connecting the internet / LAN cable to the HR24's it stops the whole home connectivity with any other receiver.

Again I'm not sure if this issue is specific to the HR24 or if it extends to other newer models (HR34/HR44) as well.

To get whole home connectivity with an HR34 (if the issue occurs like it does with the HR24) I would advise getting a WiFi DECA or having a tech come out and adding a hardlined Broadband DECA to the system.

I can't say for absolute certainty on the HR34 but, if they function the same as the HR24's you should not hard wire the LAN cable to the receiver.

By directly connecting the internet / LAN cable to the HR24's it stops the whole home connectivity with any other receiver.

Again I'm not sure if this issue is specific to the HR24 or if it extends to other newer models (HR34/HR44) as well.

To get whole home connectivity with an HR34 (if the issue occurs like it does with the HR24) I would advise getting a WiFi DECA or having a tech come out and adding a hardlined Broadband DECA to the system.

True for the 24s NOT for the 34s/ Genies , that was a big point of the 34s is that they had media server built in. So you do not need a separate DECA/CCK,but you can use one if you prefer and it is arguably better than running it through Genie. That said the DECA can go anywhere that you can access both LAN and DTV. Rather than running LAN cable to Genie, I just mounted the DECA right next to my router and coax back to the SWiM .

True for the 24s NOT for the 34s/ Genies , that was a big point of the 34s is that they had media server built in. So you do not need a separate DECA/CCK,but you can use one if you prefer and it is arguably better than running it through Genie. That said the DECA can go anywhere that you can access both LAN and DTV. Rather than running LAN cable to Genie, I just mounted the DECA right next to my router and coax back to the SWiM .

You're thinking the 44's. 34's have no internal DECA. CCK or broadband DECA must still be used for a 34.

Also, just a heads up the HR44-200's have had call back and disconnection issues with the internals.

You're thinking the 44's. 34's have no internal DECA. CCK or broadband DECA must still be used for a 34.

Also, just a heads up the HR44-200's have had call back and disconnection issues with the internals.

No, the HR34 can also be connected to the router directly without a CCK.........

No I'm thinking of the HR34 sitting right in front of me. Which was originally hardwired with Cat6 right to my router just like the old HR21 had to be. Then when I moved the office I rerouted the extra RG6 I no longer needed for the HR34 and attached it to a DECA in the office right next to the router. One less wire to play with behind the TV.

NO DECA/CCK/whatever required for the HR34. I swapped in an HR34 a few months ago but left the Black DECA/CCK connected to my router, the RG6 and wall brick in place. I had read it was not needed and after reading this yesterday I ditched it and connected my HR34 directly to the router. Everything works. Active, TV Apps, VOD, my DirecTV app and a remote control app. This includes an HR24 and H24 that are only connected to the Sat In coax.

For me the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Also, ditching the DECA box fixed the stall issues I had when fast-forwarding. Everything seems to work better without it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.