Genie HR44 Internet Connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RocketFoot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Southwestern PA
I just pulled the trigger on a DirecTV Whole House Genie system! I now have an HR44 Genie DVR and 3 Genie Mini's canvasing my house but I am having trouble getting the DirecTV Android app to work properly with my system. One thing I see wrong is that the main DVR shows no internet connection on the website but I checked and rechecked the system and it seems to be connected via wifi. Also, I constantly get an error stating that my receiver list cannot be accessed, or when it does show, the list is missing 1 Genie Mini. I'm not sure if the internet connection issue has anything to do with the equipment list or not but I'd like to get some help from the knowledgeable community here at Satellite Guys!

As long as the HR44 says its connected, your fine. The directv.com website can be a little slow to catch up.
Easiest way to double check: While watching tv, press the right arrow next to the select button. If a window pops up that says "Loading TV Apps" (or the apps come up), your connected. Done deal.
If a message comes up that says "No internet detected", then you have no internet connection. (If this one comes up, we can walk you through the network setup, or you can do a search).

The TV Apps side bar does load fine! I guess I am good but I still have issues with the Android app on my Galaxy S3 phone. Is it just buggy or is there something I can do to get it working right? I am missing one of my Mini's from the receiver list but most of the time, the list wont even load on the phone app!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts