HR34 Software Release v.05D4 12/21/12

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thought you HR34 guys Needed Stability?

honestly it depends. I have just a HR34 and other than a lockup recently I havent had any issues (except for days like tomorrow when I want to record 7 things and only have 5 slots) ;)
I know folks who have MRV have other issues

honestly it depends. I have just a HR34 and other than a lockup recently I havent had any issues (except for days like tomorrow when I want to record 7 things and only have 5 slots) ;)
I know folks who have MRV have other issues

I'm beginning to think that alot of the Issues are started when MRV is added.
Previously (before the HR34) people would have issues with the HR24's, I rarely ever have any trouble with the HR24's (except of late, it's slowed when changing channels) but many reported trouble with the HR24 ... mostly those with "Other things" involved, MRV Cinema connections ext.
I have none of the "Extra" stuff, maybe thats why mine is generally issue free ?

That said, anyone remember the steps people were doing awhile back to speed up the channel changing /guide sluggish issues, I'm not having issues with the guide yet, just thinking ahead.

Not sure, maybe its me but it seems that after the new update things seem faster as far as controls. Especially the C31 clients, guide moves faster, etc.. but the HR34 seems improved a bit as well. I haven't rebooted the system at all after the upgrade and I noticed the improvement after a day or so.

no thread for the new software x05D4? I see it's been released and getting deployed now - my HR34 was updated Dec 21st just before the time of the end of the world ;) Too early to tell what stuff I've noticed were fixed or what new bugs there might be.

Well, the word from Directv is nothing but Stability updates, so no need for a new thread. I'll update it.

Version 05D4 began rollout 12/21/12.

New features
None

Updated and Improved:
Stability

and the c31 client black screen issue (others report gray screen) still exist. At least it took almost 3 days for me to have to reboot the system to fix it since I received the 0x5D4 update - with the previous version that was out when I got my install a month ago, I was doing it about every day or every other day.

also some "bug" where you set up a recording of a movie and instead you get a PPV entry show up in your dvr if that same movie exists on PPV. A CHRISTMAS STORY is that scenario for me - set up a TBS recording for Monday, the PPV version showed up in my DVR. I don't think it's a bug despite what people have told me in other forums as I think DIRECTV is trying to get you to start playing it and pay $4 for it instead of watching it for free tomorrow on TBS. Very annoying in any case. There is a reason I want to record the TBS channel instead of pay to watch it right now. DIRECTV should shoot me a message saying I can watch it right away on PPV on channel 1100 or just wait for my recording to hit later for "free", not try to force a PPV purchase on me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts