HR44-500 recordings chopped off

Dawgsfan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2022
Ohio
Hi all,

I have an HR44-500 with two C61-200s. This afternoon I recorded a prerecorded football game on SEC Network from 7:00PM to 10:00PM (it was a replay of an old game, so there was no danger of the game going past 10:00PM). When I look at my list of recorded shows, I see the game listed with the correct start time and the correct duration. However, when I play the recording, the game starts 30 minutes in. When I fast forward, I see I have the entire game, even though the recording stops at around 2 hours 30 minutes. I watched the last few minutes of the game as it was being recorded, and it ran to 10:00PM as scheduled. I also had a game set to record on the same channel at 10:00PM. When I play back the beginning of that recording, it’s the same problem—the first 30 minutes have been chopped off.

I have two questions:
1. What could be going on here?

2. Is there any way to salvage the first 30 minutes of that first game and watch it on the receiver?

When I try to play back these recordings on the DirecTV app, they work just fine with no time chopped off.

Thanks.