HR54 - 4K Genie FIRST LOOK

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They could have 22 tuners but what about how many times you could record without having extra HD DVR's including the HD Server?
Not 22 tuners, 22 SWM channels which means you can connect 22 (actually 21, as has been posted) tuners. DVR has two tuners, Genie has five (plus two not in use at the moment on the HR54, expected to be for 4K.)

So you could still only record up to five shows if DTV switched to a sever/client based system right? I wonder if they could do a server/client based system could you still have DTV SWIM based HD Receivers and HD DVR's hooked up to it? Or would it only be the Genie Server and dumb clients? Also would they make every customer switch to the Server/Client based system?

Keep forgetting it is already server/client based. I guess maybe they way to think about is what changes will AT&T do to DTV's Server/Client based system? Will they allow for more owner based equipment like PC's, PS4 and the XBOX One in addition to theirs? I guess when I read dumb clients I kept thinking that those would be the only clients DTV would allow to be hooked up to the Server and you wouldn't be able to have DTV's other HD DVR's and HD Receivers hooked up to the Server?

Sorry. Not sure I understood your answer. I was planning at some point replacing the current LNB on my Slimline dish with the DSWM 13 LNB. I was under the impression that the reverse band was gong to be used for 4K. Maybe the question should be is the specific LNB reverse band compatible?

Sorry. Not sure I understood your answer. I was planning at some point replacing the current LNB on my Slimline dish with the DSWM 13 LNB. I was under the impression that the reverse band was gong to be used for 4K. Maybe the question should be is the specific LNB reverse band compatible?
No, it's not. There isn't a reverse band LNB available at the moment, we are all watching closely....

There is *one* coming. It's not out yet. And it looks like it may be more than 13 tuners too...

I'd wait for that *one.*

There actually appear to be *two* new LNBs coming which are Reverse Band capable. A 3 LNB and 5 LNB version. The "Slimline-3DR" and a "Slimline-5DR." Both are also 2nd generation DSWM models like the new non-Rev. Band type Slimline-3D2, though neither has been seen in public yet unlike the Slimline-3D2.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Hmm, 7 tuners on the HR-54.

hr54.png

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)