HR54/500 Internet Reconnect Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gobearsnfl

Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Arizona
I have had this Genie for several months and my internet connection has never been consistent. I have been using wireless connection have switched it to a wired connection. Periodically I press Menu button and my menu says Reconnect. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to restart the receiver.

Anyone have any ideas? I think there may be an issue with my using the DirecTV app. I don't know if it's related but when I use my app and can't see all of my Playlist, I check the Genie and the Internet is disconnected.

The best way to end that problem is use a DIRECTV Broadband DECA Ethernet to Coax Adapter. Some reason if you switch to this you will never have anymore of those issues.

OP says he's switched to a wired connection....

does not mean its using a BB deca. there is an Ethernet port on the back of HR54's as well.

@ OP, if you havent already, get the Broadband Deca connected and it should solve your issue. before you connect it to your system though, go to menu > settings > internet connection > advanced > reset connection, then a Red button reset, and when you have live TV back up, go ahead and connect the Broadband deca. you probably *dont* need to do the reset, but it cant hurt.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)