HR54: Dish hardware required

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SS BB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2015
Denver
I have a new HR54, but no Dish etc... I want to connect just this one STB to one TV. Does anyone know what Dish, LNB, switch, etc.... to use. I would want all 5 sats. Thanks

You need a slimline dish with an SWM LNB, either a 3LNB or 5LNB. Unless you need the ethnic package, or the few religious/music channels on the 119 satellite, it will be the 3LNB, there are some cities with SD locals on 119 but Denver is not one of them. Then you need an SWM power inserter, 21v.

But I'm not sure why you are asking? If this is a new account, why did DirecTV not install a dish for you?

Also he will NOT need the 21v power inserter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dish needs to be odu ka/ku aka slimline

Lnb you want is sl5s or swim5. You really want the reverse band 5 but that's not out yet.
You're right, since the HR54 has a built-in PI.

But why does he need a 5LNB? If he does not have LOS to 119 that will just screw him up....

You're right, since the HR54 has a built-in PI.

But why does he need a 5LNB? If he does not have LOS to 119 that will just screw him up....

Because he said he wanted all the satellites.
There's more than "ethnic" on the 119... Many of the soccer channels, CCTV News, and other random things are there for everyone. We pay for it, why not have it? I would refuse a 3 LNB dish, regardless of my locals which are not on the 119. We all have Megahertz Worldview, too, but it's on the 95 and they won't install without another international package. I have it as a subchannel locally, so I am set there.

..but does DirecTv still insist on doing the installation on a new account?

Not necessarily.

However, that doesn't always mean the new account will be eligible for the promotional discounts and things like that.

For example: I know he said he's installing it at his cabin, but for RVs, Directv won't install for the RV if it's not permanently located at the service address.

Therefore, the customer has the ability to get receivers from third parties, install the equipment themselves, and go on their merry way once everything is activated. It's simple to create the account if the customer already has everything connected. Installation is usually just because the customer doesn't have any of the equipment or doesn't want to install anything themselves.

I'm on Tapatalk so I can't see the embedded links, but if the lnb has 4 outputs it is not correct. Search amazon for directv swm 5

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Amazon product ASIN B001LK5K3K
That should be it, but you don't need the splitter or power inserter for a 54.
I was wondering about that too, he doesn't have a SWM LNB there, so he would need a Multiswitch added to the set up even though he only is using 1 recvr.

I think I would switch to the regular SWM LNB.

You need a slimline dish with an SWM LNB, either a 3LNB or 5LNB. Unless you need the ethnic package, or the few religious/music channels on the 119 satellite, it will be the 3LNB, there are some cities with SD locals on 119 but Denver is not one of them. Then you need an SWM power inserter, 21v.

But I'm not sure why you are asking? If this is a new account, why did DirecTV not install a dish for you?
That's builtin on the HR54

I do not believe the power inserter is necessary with this receiver. The IRD does that in place of the PI......

I have a new HR54, but no Dish etc... I want to connect just this one STB to one TV. Does anyone know what Dish, LNB, switch, etc.... to use. I would want all 5 sats. Thanks
Unless you are buying an international programming package or your locals are being bounced off the 119, your do not require the SWM 5 LNB/Antenna.

Because he said he wanted all the satellites.
There's more than "ethnic" on the 119... Many of the soccer channels, CCTV News, and other random things are there for everyone. We pay for it, why not have it? I would refuse a 3 LNB dish, regardless of my locals which are not on the 119. We all have Megahertz Worldview, too, but it's on the 95 and they won't install without another international package. I have it as a subchannel locally, so I am set there.
Pay fpr what?....Ok, GRR....If in fact those little insignificant niche channels are itemized in the bill, the customers are not "paying" for them...
Now, if the OP really wants to see these channels or is one of those " I better get every darned channel I'm supposed to even if I never watch it or else" people, then sure, buy the SWM 5.....
Here is a Directv channel map with Sats, Channel names and TP's
Click on the link in the post at the bottom of the screen. You will download excel file
http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/200951-transponder-maps-domestic-latinam-data-refresh-6112014/

Pay fpr what?....Ok, GRR....If in fact those little insignificant niche channels are itemized in the bill, the customers are not "paying" for them...
Now, if the OP really wants to see these channels or is one of those " I better get every darned channel I'm supposed to even if I never watch it or else" people, then sure, buy the SWM 5.....
Here is a Directv channel map with Sats, Channel names and TP's
Click on the link in the post at the bottom of the screen. You will download excel file
http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/200951-transponder-maps-domestic-latinam-data-refresh-6112014/

Who are you to say what channels are important? I know what channels are where. If I want Fox Deportes, GolTV (which is English), and CCTV News, what's it to you. If I pay for it, and see it listed on the Internet list of a package, I expect to see it on the tv. Not difficult.

This isn't Dish. Post there if you get mad about what channels people want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)