HR54

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Joshua M

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2015
GA
Is the HR54 officially out and supported by DirecTV? I see all kinds of people talking about having them and see resellers selling them but when I try to sign up for new service they say the only model available is the HR44 and that the HR54 is not supported yet?

I think it's a matter of using up older inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hr54 is being used for new installs in certain areas of the country. Otherwise you can get one from solid signal but of course it won't be free.

There come in limited batches from supply chain. I believe all markets are eligible to have them. The only person who can tell you exactly what model equipment you will receive is the tech when they arrive. My market has only HR54s in warehouse right now but I only have HR44s on truck.

There come in limited batches from supply chain. I believe all markets are eligible to have them. The only person who can tell you exactly what model equipment you will receive is the tech when they arrive. My market has only HR54s in warehouse right now but I only have HR44s on truck.

So is there anyway to make sure I get a HR54? I'm switching from Dish to save some money for a year but I don't want to end up with an older receiver. I have read that the HR54 is a lot faster than the HR44. I feel like if I am signing up for new service I should get the newest receiver.

So is there anyway to make sure I get a HR54? I'm switching from Dish to save some money for a year but I don't want to end up with an older receiver. I have read that the HR54 is a lot faster than the HR44. I feel like if I am signing up for new service I should get the newest receiver.
When the installer calls or shows up at your house ask him if he has an HR54, if he doesn't then reschedule the appointment. Wash, rinse and repeat until they can bring an HR54. It can take a couple of weeks or longer to get the HR54 this way.

what would be advantage for to up grade to hr54 from a hr44? Don't come down on me to hard cause I ask this question.

None really at the moment, but if you want 4K you will want one in the future. :)

Which is kind of why I want one. No, I don't need 4K right now, but in a year I may and don't want to have purchase another receiver, especially if I could have got one from the get go. Is the HR54 truly faster than the HR44?

The HR54 and HR44 are the same speed, they use the same CPU etc If you intend to go to 4K then the HR54 will be the one to get. You will still need a C61K client or a TVU with RVU capability. Although if you are not planning to go 4K immediately, it's possible that by the time you do there will be a DVR with "native" 4K support that does not need the client.

you're still leasing it...but you will get the specific model you want
Are there any recommended online resellers you could point me towards? Will they be able to offer the same promotional pricing as using DirecTv's website?

No, you will have to pay the full lease fee. No promotional pricing.

Which is kind of why I want one. No, I don't need 4K right now, but in a year I may and don't want to have purchase another receiver, especially if I could have got one from the get go. Is the HR54 truly faster than the HR44?
In a year there maybe something completely different or another genie....

Are there any recommended online resellers you could point me towards? Will they be able to offer the same promotional pricing as using DirecTv's website?
DIRECTV HR54 Genie RVU Server for Whole Home HD-DVR Receiver (HR54)
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?mc=02&p=HR54&d=DIRECTV-HR54-Genie-RVU-Server-for-Whole-Home-HDDVR-Receiver-(HR54)&c=DIRECTV Receivers&sku=

DIRECTV HR54 Genie Server (Newest Version) Amazon.com
Amazon product ASIN B014VDAOYS
What do you mean promotional prices? You buy from one of these two retailers above(& occasionally ebay) & you can either set up the HR54 yourself & then call in to Directv to activate it, or you can buy it, call Directv & let them know that you have it & can they send a tech out to set it up & activate it for you. Whatever you do, Directv still has to activate it, & then extend your contract for another 2 years(this will happen no matter how you get your genie).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts