HSP Pay (per install vs. per hour)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
phatnuts said:
same here my meeting is thursday have you heard anything about a union??

Union?, a few techs threw that word around after our meeting, but a union is not something you can just form up at the drop of a hat. I am not sure what the government regulations are on creating a new union. The thing to do is to get your trade (that being satellite installers) included in an existing union, say the electrician's union or possibly whatever union (if any) the telephone technicians are in. Trying to set up a union at this point will not keep the changes B&A has planned for us from happening. And once those changes are in place it will take the possiblity of them losing their HSP status to revert to pre install pay. A $9-$10 per hour tech isn't going to go out of his way to make sure the job is done right, he is going to do the bare minimum and leave any mistakes for the service tech to fix (just like alot of the retailer's techs do). God I hate having to follow up on those hack's jobs! But hacks is what B&A is going to create by going to hourly pay.

we are not starting a new union we are joining an existing union its called CWA, communication workers of america. www.cwa-union.org.and your right about following behind hacks- its no fun I do it on a regular basis. work for tomorrow came in and gusee what i got one for tomorrow a dish relocate that was installed 2 weeks ago by a 9 month old tech shot into the trees--yay!

phatnuts said:
we are not starting a new union we are joining an existing union its called CWA, communication workers of america. www.cwa-union.org. your right about following behind hacks- its no fun I do it on a regular basis. work for tomorrow came in and gusee what i got one for tomorrow a dish relocate that was installed 2 weeks ago by a 9 month old tech shot into the trees--yay!

thanks I needed that link.

phatnuts said:
we are not starting a new union we are joining an existing union its called CWA, communication workers of america. www.cwa-union.org.and your right about following behind hacks- its no fun I do it on a regular basis. work for tomorrow came in and gusee what i got one for tomorrow a dish relocate that was installed 2 weeks ago by a 9 month old tech shot into the trees--yay!

After the big rush last summer, B&A went on a major hiring campaign. And because of the group of FNG's that came along over the winter I have been having to move a ton of dishes. I NLOS'ed a bunch of jobs this winter just because I knew when the leaves came out in the spring they would have no signal. And contrary to B&A's policy (never ever use the "T" word in NLOS cases) I told the customers point blank that the trees were the problem. I have had a couple of customers in the past few weeks that had no other place that the dish could be relocated to, so they were just out of luck until next winter when the trees are bare of leaves again. I hate to NLOS a customer, but sometimes it just has to be done.

If your going hourly and will have trucks provided you should join a union right away and start that process. The fact remains that when your an IC getting paid per job you can't get union and if they switch you over to this new system and try and screw you I would join a union before they switch you back to a per install system because once they do this you will be getting screwed without the option of a union.

It still bothers me how this country could let themselves get screwed like this and I mean in general not any specific people or jobs. Companies just have to accept that they can't compete with other countries because we can't go that low and if we do go that low we wouldn't have any money to buy this stuff so what difference would it make. I think we as in american companies should just give up and pay more to american workers and charge more for american products. Now when I say american products I don't mean all products but somethings we should keep in the USA while others we can do elsewear.

phatnuts said:
Amen Longhornxp--its people like you that make me proud to be an american we try to look out for each other!

I thank you and I hope that others in general would see outside of their own box. The very big things won't change like healthcare and such until people in general figure out that healthcare is more important than banning gay marriage. Its not like gays can force a church to marry them because they can't. Sadly to say most of the black people I know and respect until the last election supported Bush and voted for him because of gay marriage and it saddens me that of all people to vote for this it would be the race that fought for rights for many years and are willing to take away rights just like what was done to them.

That really bothers me because how could you just forget all that has been done in just 40 years time and not see how all that is being done today relates to just 40 years ago. Sadly to say black people were slaves and the bible of all things said it was fine. How could they not see this very big connection. We in this country have a very big disconnect and if this doesn't change within five years I will be moving my ass to either Canada or France and I'm a citizen of both.

Funny that my mother is from Canada and my father is from the USA so I have citizenship from both and above all that I was born in Paris so I'm a citizen in France as well.

LonghornXP said:
If your going hourly and will have trucks provided you should join a union right away and start that process. The fact remains that when your an IC getting paid per job you can't get union and if they switch you over to this new system and try and screw you I would join a union before they switch you back to a per install system because once they do this you will be getting screwed without the option of a union.

It still bothers me how this country could let themselves get screwed like this and I mean in general not any specific people or jobs. Companies just have to accept that they can't compete with other countries because we can't go that low and if we do go that low we wouldn't have any money to buy this stuff so what difference would it make. I think we as in american companies should just give up and pay more to american workers and charge more for american products. Now when I say american products I don't mean all products but somethings we should keep in the USA while others we can do elsewear.

Most companies who's techs get paid by the job employ the techs as independant contractors, but in the case of our company we are listed (and have been for the past two years) as employees not contractors. We get benefits just like a regular hourly employee does. So, technically we should be able to get union representation under our current pay plan. But as is the case with most people they don't seek out union representation until they actually need it.

well I work for Dish Network as a Tech. In new york area FSS3 makes over $16/hour, but they kill us with work load. Dish as well is cutting a lot on OT. Last year they were sending Techs out of the market ( markets with brand new DNSC outlest ) and with all the benefits, techs were making +-$80K/year NOT KIDDING !!!!!! I guess when Dish did Taxes for 04, they realized how much $ they spent on OT, so they are trying to end it ASAP.

uboatcmdr said:
Most companies who's techs get paid by the job employ the techs as independant contractors, but in the case of our company we are listed (and have been for the past two years) as employees not contractors. We get benefits just like a regular hourly employee does. So, technically we should be able to get union representation under our current pay plan. But as is the case with most people they don't seek out union representation until they actually need it.

You hit the nail right on the head. People never think ahead and try to avoid what could occur. Also I'm sick of companies saying they can't make money because last time I checked every company that had a union in place was one paying great and doing great. Two companies in mind that have unions that do great are UPS and USPS and I work with the government part time when needed and I even have union benefits. Hell if the government has a union maybe it isn't that bad.

People don't quite understand that unions today aren't about favoring one side or the other but making things fair for both sides. The biggest excuse I hear from people who are againsts a union are that they are supporting the company they work for but last time I checked having a union doesn't favor the workers it only keeps the workers from getting screwed in the ass day in and day out. If a company won't let a union in how could you support that company because the only benefit to fighting against one would be if you planned to screw your workers in the future.

a few years ago I worked for a bad cable contracting company. i stayed through 2 pay cuts, but the final straw was the switch from piece rate employees to sub contractors- which also icluded a pay cut as well. A couple of guys thought the union was the answer (i agreed, unions are good for employees), but it was not. It turned out the company really couldn't pay more due to thier financial situation, and ended up closing the company before we could unionize. bottom line is companies will fight unions, and will seek to punish (illegal i should add) the employees that try to start it. And remember if you are an "at will" employee you can be terminated for whatever reason (or no reason) and have virtually no recourse (we were told this by the union)

At will is a classification for most any hourly employee.

Basically states that the Company has no obligation to or owes you nothing,so to speak. You are being given a privelage by them to have them employee you and they can at anytime with little or no reason Terminate your job,position or services with them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a little checking around and this may not apply to all states.
Though it certainly does here in Pa.

Installers needed in Texas!

Guys,

How many of you do installs in Texas? I am in need to contractors to install equipment in the Texas area. We sell E* but will take on a new aspect of business and require install help in Texas only at this time. If you can install a Sat Dish you can easily install our new Cell Equipment. If you Install in Texas or know people that do and need more work please have them contact me. Do you know of a good source for finding independent installers?

Thanks,
Tasos Alexiou
Titan_wireless@yahoo.com

Titan_Wireless said:
Guys,

How many of you do installs in Texas? I am in need to contractors to install equipment in the Texas area. We sell E* but will take on a new aspect of business and require install help in Texas only at this time. If you can install a Sat Dish you can easily install our new Cell Equipment. If you Install in Texas or know people that do and need more work please have them contact me. Do you know of a good source for finding independent installers?

Thanks,
Tasos Alexiou
Titan_wireless@yahoo.com

"Cell Equipment"??? I'm not currently in Texas, but if the money is right I could be. Tell me more about this "Cell Equipment".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)